chapter nine

Ajshdhhdhdhd short chapter sorry,,, I also don't rly like how this one turned out but oh well

Basically the guys have hit the road woo

Like always, comments and votes are appreciated and let me know if you see any grammar/spelling mistakes and I'll change them (I'm super bad at proof reading lmao)

Anyway, enjoy!

----------

It was evening, and Noah had gone off to fetch a car. The girls were still out doing god knows what so Sam had the flat all to himself.

He was pretty stumped on what to do, seeing as he hadn't exactly been alone for nearly six months. He'd also left his phone at his own house, so it couldn't be used to track him or anything.

He was currently stood by the front door, hands on hips. He let out a low whistle and decided to just snoop around. The front door led into the living room and joint kitchen, which he had already seen. He'd also seen the bathroom which was around the corner, so he decided to just try a few of the random doors.

The first door lead into a... study. He pushed the door open fully and switched on the light. It was a small room, with a wooden desk against the wall. There was a few shelves above the desk with folders and paperwork that Sam decided not to touch. On the wall was a collage of photos of the girls and what looked to be their family and friends.

What caught his attention, however, were the pictures with Noah in. The first one he saw was of Noah and Skye, both looking to be in their mid teens. He suppressed a laugh at the fact Noah was practically the same height as Skye there, meaning he used to be pretty short.

That was when he heard a door slam and keys jingling, causing him to nearly jump out of his skin.
He then heard a shout of "honey, I'm home!" followed up by a quieter "I've always wanted to say that".

Then some foot steps were heard and Noah was calling out.
"Sam?"
Sam stepped back outside the door and replied "in here!"

Noah turned a corner and a grin split his face when he saw him. He joined him and stood in the room.
"Snooping?"
"You know me so well"

Sam pointed to the picture of Noah and Skye.
"So, you were a short kid?" He grinned. Noah groaned and tipped his head back.
"I told them to take that down" he leant against the door, arms crossed.
"So, were you?"

"Will it make you happy if I say, yes, Sam, I used to be a midget like you. I had a massive growth spurt when I was like, eighteen"
Sam faked a gasp.
"Well I wish I met you when we were younger, then, because I, was a tall kid"
Noah raised an eyebrow, smirking.
"That didn't last long"

Sam shoved him and started to walk out of the study and into the living room. He stopped and flopped back down onto the worn sofa, considering switching the telly on.
"You get the car then?"
Noah nodded, joining him in the room.

"Reminds me, actually, change of plan - instead of staying here another night I'm just gotta get some cash"
Sam watched as he opened a door into what looked to be a bedroom and dug around in one of the draws, pulling out a few stacks of money.

He shoved them in the bag they had been given that day them dug through another draw which was in the kitchen. He pulled out a wad of post-it-notes and scrawled out an IOU then stuck it on the door to the bedroom. He stood back and admired his handiwork, hands on hips.