Break in at the museum

It was an awkward car ride for the five as Velma sat in the back with Patrick and the other three sat in the front not saying anything. Velma had to go to the bathroom, everyone could tell. "That was my outfit, I swear" Velma mumbled and Sammi looked back at her best friend to see her struggling.

"You know, Velma, you are as beautiful as ever. You're just so different than I expected. You know, I'm just..." Patrick said before Velma gasped and the five looked at the museum. Heather Jasper How was in front of the building with a tone of people including her Tv crew.

The gang got out of the van and Fred and Sammi were stopped by Heather. "Any comments on the museum robbery?" She asked and tipped the microphone to Fred. "Mystery Inc. is investigating the two stolen costumes" Fred said and Sammi grabbed onto his hand.

"No, the one that just happened. Where The Black Knight and Pterodactyl Ghost stole the rest of the costumes?" Heather said and Sammi and Fred's eyes widened. "The rest of the costumes?" Fred said having a hard time getting that out.

Velma and Patrick entered the museum with Daphne not to far behind. "Woah" Daphne said as they looked around at the trashed exhibits. Everything was scattered and into pieces on the floor.

"So, what you're saying is it's all downhill for Mystery Inc." Heather says to Fred and he shakes his head angrily. "No! You're doing that thing again where you take everything I say out of context. You're trying to make it look like I think Coolsville sucks" Fred said angrily into the camera before shaking his head realizing what he had done.

"No! Don't record that!" He said before running into the museum dragging Sammi behind him as well. Inside, Patrick picked up one of the manikin like structure and looked at it before angrily tossing it to the side. "Patrick, I'm so sorry" Velma said and Daphne moved a bit ways away so that way they could have privacy.

"It must be so hard for you" she said as Fred and Sammi entered and looked at the mess. "I'm sorry, I have to go. Okay?" Patrick said starting to go out of the doors. "I'll go with you..." Velma said as she started to follow him but she got cut off. "No! Just... No, I have to figure out what's going on" Patrick said before leaving completely and Velma looked at his angry form leaving before unzipping to top part of her outfit to reveal her sweater.

Sammi came over and hugged her as Velma tried to keep the tears at bay. Her lip trembled as she put her chin on Sammi's shoulder. Daphne soon joined the hug and Velma let out a whimper. She wiped at her eyes and went outside. The rest of the gang followed and Sammi and Fred got in the front while Velma and Daphne got in the back.

"All Fred Jones had to say was:" Heather said into the camera before it was turned to the footage taken a little bit earlier. "I think Coolsville sucks!" Fred on the Tv said and Fred slammed his head on the steering wheel. Sammi looked at him and then Heather before she muttered that she would be back.

Sammi angrily stomped up the step with determination on her face. She was done letting the world push her friends and her boyfriend around. Especially some blonde haired Tv wannabe who has no right to act this way.

The Tv crew was packing up when Sammi got into Heather's face. "What's with the personal attacks?" Sammi asked and Heather smiled a fake smile. "Look, I'm a huge fan. It's just my editor...", "Oh, who are you kidding" Sammi interrupted Heather as she tried to "explain".

"Who are you kidding? Don't think I don't know your game. What do you do for the gang? Really? Velma's the smart one. Fred's the leader. Daphne's the face of the group. All you are is just some wannabe who got in the group because you were related to one of the members" Heather said and Sammi's face lost the determination in it.

"Why are you doing this?" Sammi said hurt by the words that had just come out of Heather's mouth. "Because it's my job to unmask those who pretend to be who they're not" Heather said before reaching down in her bag. Sammi had a confused face before she had a look of realization.

""Unmask those"? You sound like..." Sammi said before she stopped and looked at Heather. "Sound like who?" Heather asked smiling and Sammi's eyes widened. "The evil masked guy.
But you know that, because just as you know I'm standing here...you know I know who you know you are, which is him, who's a her, which is you" Sammi said before confusing herself on what she just said.

"Now I see what you do for the gang. You're in charge of incoherent babbling" Heather Jasper How said before a booming voice could be heard. "Mystery Incorporated. Once again, you are proven useless before my power. Because of you, soon Coolsville...will be mine" the masked figure said on the roof before disappearing.

"Darn it. Thanks a lot! The scoop of the night, gone. Can't you do anything right? Ned, get your camera and follow me" Heather said to Sammi before gesturing the last part to her crew mate. "Guess I can't" Sammi mumbled before she walked over to the mystery machine, got in, and looked out the window the whole entire ride. The whole time she said nothing, Heather's words repeating in her mind.
_______________________________
Hey guys! Happy late Easter. So two reasons I did not update on Friday, 1) I got so busy with my family dinners and, 2) I was catching up on my reading and I had completely lost track of what day it was. So sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Bye!!!