14. What Happened

Jaden POV

I didn't want to go to school today, but I had to sadly. I was just ready to see Eily today. She's the only person that makes me a lil happy. I was hoping to ask her out today.

I finally made it to school. I had my schedule and I seen I had Health first. I went to that class and seen all my friends in there. Ben, Nadia, Malak , and Lexus. I guess Noah, Sebastian, and River had someone else first block.

As I walked in I sat around them and they were looking sad as hell. They looked sadder than I be looking sometimes. Class didn't start yet, so we had some time to talk while the teachers were in the hallway. "Aye y'all alright, and has anyone seen Eily? I thought she had health first block like us ?" I said looking confused. "Dude, you ain't seen the news recently??" Malak said. "Hell naw, It takes time and effort to go to the news early in the morning." I said. "Ben turned his phone around at me smiling a lil bit and turned the volume up. It was a news reporter saying something.

"Yesterday night, there was a shooting in North L.A. around 8:30. Investigators say that 11 year old Anthony Imolehin had an concussion, 15 year old Eily Imolehin shot in the leg and arm, unconscious, and 35 year old Yen Conner shot and killed. 2 of the Victims have been sentenced for 30 years in prison, and the last victim who caused much of it, Brad Taylor, had been sentenced for life. Live with the Los Angeles news, Lucy Katherine, on your side." the news reporter said.

I looked up from the screen and started getting sad and mad at the same time. All of this shit happened yesterday night. I had just seen her, it was so fucking peaceful, then this happens. What made me even more mad was that Ben was still smiling while everyone else was freakin sad for her.

"Ben, why the fuck are you smiling??" I said looking at him. "I don't know, you tell me." he said and let out a little laugh at the end. I pushed the desks out the way he got out the seat, and stood up. "Whatchu gonna do about?" he said standing up still smiling. "I grabbed his shirt and pulled him up , and pinned him to the wall. "Look Ben, this shit ain't funny. DO YOU NOT HAVE SYMPATHY OR ARE YOU WORRIED SOMEWHERE IN THAT HEART OF YOURS???!!!" I yelled at him. I let out tears of sadness and anger. I had all these mixed emotions.

"No...why the fuck should I care about her. I definitely don't fuck with her, she ain't nobody special, and you ain't either, you pussy." He said smiling.

"BEN WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU. YOU HAD A HEART, NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU COLD AS FUCK." I said. "Nigga how about you shut the fuck up. You a pussy, and you always crying like a female bitch." he said.
"OH NO HE DIDN'T JUST SAY CRYING LIKE A FEMALE BITCH-"Lexus said getting cut off by Ben.
"Hoe shut the fuck up. I know you be crying over stupid ass shit, like Eily. I don't give one fuck about Eily or her family, they all-" I cut him off and punched him in the face , I couldn't take it anymore. We were going back and forth, then Malak jumped in and got a couple licks to, until teachers finally broke us up and took us to the principal's office. They walked me and Ben off and I heard Malak scream "FREE MY NIGGA JADEN!"

"So, this is the first day back to school, and y'all already fighting?" the principle said. "Yeah, Jaden just started hitting me out of no where. All we were doing was just having a friendly conversation, and he just started hitting me. As my father said , hit someone back if they hit you first." Ben said. "Woah, woah, woah, ma'am if you heard the shit he was saying , you would want to fight him too. He was saying bad things about a girl who hasn't done nothing to her." I said. "How you know her, or any body around her? You don't know what happened. You just came into her life like 3 months ago, so i'm pretty sure you don't know much..." Ben said shrugging his shoulders. "BITCH, JUST BECAUSE I KNEW THIS GIRL FOR 3 MONTHS DON'T MEAN NOTHING-" I got cut off by the principal. "Boys hush it up! We'll settle this now. Jaden suspended for a whole week and Ben suspended for 3 days." she said. "HOW COME HE GET SUSPENDED LESS DAYS??!!" I said. "No arguing, your parents will be contacted and on the way to pick you up in a few minutes." the principal said sending us out.

This some bullshit, but I guess more days out for me.

Few minutes later...

My mom finally arrived outside the school and I got into the car. "Baby, what happened today? This is the first day back ." she said. "This dude in our class, one of my old friends, was talking about Eily and some of my other friends, and that kind of pissed me off, so i just had to let all my anger out on him." I said. "Well I guess I understand, just don't do this anymore." she said. "yes ma'am, and can you take me to the hospital?" I said. "For what? You hurt?" She said. "Yeah, hurt that my future girlfriend is on the brink of death.." I said. She drove me to the hospital and I went to the front desk. "Could you tell me what room Eily Imolehin is in?" I said. "Sure, she's in room 743 on floor 6, she just switched rooms last night." the person said. "Ok, thanks." and walked off.

I made it to the 6th floor and seen that this floor was for patient emergencies. I wonder what had happened. I walked in her room to see a nurse in there. "Hello." I said to the nurse. "Hi, how are you?" she said back. "Good...Um, what's wrong with her." I said.

"Well, we are just looking for someone to donate 3 pints of blood and she'll be back to normal." she said.

Sheesh, 3 pints is a lot of blood. I remember I donated a pint of blood one time, and it made me feel dizzy and sick. But, the least I could do is save the girl that I love.

"Hook me up." I said to the nurse. "You volunteer to give 3 pints of blood to this young lady?" she said. "Yes ma'am, anything for her. If she ever needs a organ , you come find and she has it." I said. "Woww, you must really love her." she said smiling at me. "To the bottom of my heart." I said smiling back. The nurse escorted us to another room with two beds in there. She told me to lay down in the bed right next to Eily's. I laid down and she started asking me questions.

"Before I stick this needle in you, are you sure you want to do this?" she said. "Would your mother be ok if you did this?" she said. "Definitely." I said.

She stuck the needle in me and connected a tube wire into Eily's arm. Blood went into her slowly. "So this procedure could take up to 2 hours, and she might also wake up in 2 hours. She's been unconscious for a while." the nurse said. "Yes ma'am, I gotcha" I said. The nurse walked out, and it was just me and Eily in the hospital room.