16➢ beaches & ice-cream

3.7k, what. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo lots of love 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

johnny orlando

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"okay, where are we off to?" i say as we both buckle in our seatbelts. i watch kenzie clip the seatbelt in and then flip her hair upward and out of her face and then settles her look at me. i watch her face think of many different places.

"how about..." she finishes. "the beach!" she says, cheerfully. "we can go get ice-cream, sit on the pier." she imagines.

"okay, then let's head off." i smile, taking the car out of park and putting it into drive. whilst driving to the beach, kenzie plugged her phone into the aux and played all her favorite songs, both of us humming along.

"you know, when you left i went down to the kitchen to see lauren and mum chuckling at a photo on her phone," i say, turning my head towards her for a split second and then focusing them back on the road.

"and the photo was?" she questions me.

"me and you cuddling this morning while we were still asleep." i push my lips together, blushing and then turning to kenzie to see her with her head in her hands, giggling softly. a bright red blush creeps up her cheek.

"that's so embarrassing!" she says, throwing her head backward. "first off lauren is like my best friend and what does your mum think!" she shouts, embarrassed.

"they loved it to be honest." i start laughing, soon kenzie joining in. she shakes her head as she skips the song from her phone, blaring it throughout the car.

-

"look my favorite ice-cream shop!" kenzie skips like a little girl in a candy store. "oh my goodness, cookie dough, my fav." she looks up at me with puppy eyes.

"i'll get you some." i chuckle. "two cookie dough please." i smile at the lady behind the counter.

"no problem." she nods, smiling wide. "$6.49 please." she gives us our ice-cream while i give her the correct amount of money.

"thanks, john." she kisses me on the cheek.

"let's go sit outside." she follows me outside and we sit on the edge of the pier, swinging our legs whilst eating our ice cream.

"hey, lovebirds." i hear from behind me. kenzie and i both whip our heads around to see maddie and her boyfriend jack holding hands.

"oh, hi mads." kenzie blurts out. "what are you two doing here?" kenzie says, curiously.

"we're on a date." jack smiles, placing a gentle kiss on maddie's cheek, her smile widely shortly afterward. i smile at jack, then put my head down.

"what are you two doing here?" maddie asks, popping out her leg, placing her empty hand on her hip. both of us look at each other and scratch our heads. "no way, you here on a date too! jenzie is real!" she squeals.

"no, no, no." me and kenzie say in sync. "we are just here as a best friend catch up." i awkwardly say.

"yeah, what he said." she gulps, doing a fake smile, then looking at me with a real smile.

"mkay," maddie suspiciously says. "catch up later." she blows us a kiss and walking off hand in hand with jack. we both look at each other and crack up laugh.

mackenzie ziegler, you've stolen my heart.

-

bit of a filler soz x