Chapter 17

I awoke from my painful, forced slumber from the feeling of cold arms cradling me. My eyelids felt too heavy to open, and for minutes I continued to be rocked back and forth with my eyes closed and my body numb.
Even though my eyes remained ay their same position, Jeff seemed to notice my awakening and stopped rocking me in his arms and instead felt my forehead. His hands were frigid, but seemed very clammy. As if he had been constantly worried about something.
I couldn't remember anything besides leaving the candy store wit a bag of candy; in my mind I saw Jeff saying something to me, but no words came out. Everything was silent, then my memory stopped as if my life ended there.
"We're are we?" I forced out, my throat was burning. I opened my eyes. It was all black, besides an eerie light of a street lamp a few streets down.
"Shhh," he began, placing a finger on my lips then rubbed my cheek.
"We are in an ally. Try not to talk much, I had to force my fingers down your throat to get that rechid can't out of your body before it killed you-" his voiced changed into anger in moments, until he finally restarted: "I'm so sorry for allowing you to eat that. I shouldn't have let my guard down... And now you are hurting because of my foolishness..."
My eyes widened at his sincerity. It was a beautiful side of him. Although in his voice still lurked hatred.
A horrid fume swarmed around my nostrils, causing my to cough. Jeff patted my back for a minute until it ceased.
"What's that smell? It's atrocious!" I exclaimed, pulling my short collar over my nose while my eyes watered.
Silence.
"Jeff-"
"I killed him."
"You what?!" I started, then lowered my voice.
"You didn't have to kill him.. You could've just called the cops.
"The cops?! What do you think the cops would have done if they had seen you or me? I did that to protect us. To protect you!" He sounded frustrated.
"Jeff, Jeff, calm down. I didn't mean it to be bad, it's just, you didn't have to kill him. But I understand." I said kindly while placing a soft kiss upon his open cheek.
"But why are we still here? Why didn't you just take us home?"
"I felt bad that you didn't truly get that damned candy so I got you more... Not that I really cared or anything..."
Although it was too dark outside this evening to see his face I could tell he was flustered.
"So I waited with you until you waked up to take you with me to get more."
"No stores are open this late!" I laughed.
"I don't want to waste money on something so pointless. I know how to crack a lock. " I knew he was grinning.
"Whatever, silly."
-------------------------
*It's been so long guys! Sorry! and this is really short! I have a wedding to attend so I have to stop this right here!