| cloudy water |

'The one with the blue hair?'

June asked swinging her legs over the edge of the concrete ledge. Rue, who was sitting next to her, nodded firmly. They looked at the river that flowed underneath them and into the distance, fading into mist at the horizon. Pine trees stood solemnly at the banks. Somewhere down the path to their west, the woods blended into their campus grounds.

'Ooh, he's quite intriguing, isn't he?'

'Intriguing? More like annoying...'

June laughed. 'At least he bought you a shirt as a replacement.'

Rue looked down at the reflection of the sky in the water, ignoring her friend's statements. The sky wasn't completely blue that day, more like a shade of worn out jeans. A few clouds seemed to be floating in the grey-blue canvas.

She reached into her bag for her camera and took a picture of the water, her feet dangling over it. It was hard to tell whether it was the sky or a river. For her, it was perfect.

'Another one for your wall?'

'Yup. What do you think?'

She handed June the polaroid.

'Approved!'

They both let out a laugh simultaneously, the sound echoing in the emptiness of the air like the cords of musical instruments. They watched the darkness of the dusk slowly creep in, before they decided that it was time to go.

June stretched her arms above her head as they stepped into their dorm rooms. Rue felt lucky to have June as a roommate. It was the very reason they had resonated and gotten closer over time.

She walked up to her side of the dorm.

The more artistic one.

The wall behind her single bed was covered in lengths of string lights, draped like clothes wires. On them, were little wooden clothespins and attached onto those were polaroids. The ones she'd never bothered to turn in, although according to June, she was a complete airhead to do that.

The bottom line of lights was devoid of photographs.

She clipped on the one she'd taken that day, inaugurating the line.

And it had only just begun.

Much like all the other little adventures she would face in the coming future.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-