| half smiles |

Rue clutched the camera in her hand as she walked beside June, silent as ever. She had checked her phone thrice now, but there were no new messages. The last one had been five days ago.

Five days seemed like a decade.

Rue was worried.

Worried that she was getting too clingy, too attached when nothing had even started between them. (Well, she tried to push down the feeling that it could have started, had the butler not interrupted them).

But then she wondered if she shouldn't be worried. Was it natural to be this wistful? Missing someone so much? Heck, was it even healthy? Rue didn't have the slightest idea. She'd never experienced something like this before. While June rambled on about her classes and her new boyfriend, Rue began to zone out, wondering about things.

Did she like Avery?

Did he like her back?

This was way too confusing for her.

Why couldn't she get her feelings sorted, for once in her life? She hated how lost she felt.

'And I ate a monkey!'

'Hmm...'

'Rue, did you even hear what I just said?'

'Huh?' Rue snapped back into reality. 'Wait what, no... I'm sorry, June I really can't focus right now...'

June laughed.

'What's so funny?'

'You're so adorable.'

'Thanks?'

'I didn't even bring you to the river. Look ahead.'

Rue turned to see that they were at the gates. A black car stood there. And leaning against it, was none other than the blue haired boy. Something swelled in Rue's chest, making her theories about her heart a bit more concrete.

'Missed me, sunshine?'

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-