| blue bird |

Her day started off, to put it simply, weird.

Rue Hawthorne was not someone who liked stepping out of comfort zones. She had to get up at exactly half past seven. She had to have her coffee before nine. And she'd rather express herself through photographs of people and things, than speak out loud.

Everything flipped that morning.

She should have known it was a sign when her alarm didn't ring and she got up at eight. Frantically getting dressed, Rue looked around for her polaroid camera and her bag. The only two things she required. Then, with half a toast in her mouth, she sped off towards the photography room to get ready for her class.

When she reached, someone else was at her usual spot. She didn't recognise his mop of unnaturally blue hair, like a blue bird with ruffled feathers.

He was sitting cross-legged on top of her desk. Rue wasn't going to give up her seat. She walked straight up to the boy, ignoring him, his blue feathers and the confusion on his face, as she collapsed into the chair.

'Oh, I'm sorry, is this your place?'

'Yup.'

'I'm Avery Black.'

'Yup.'

'Do you say anything apart from "yup"?'

'Yup.'

'Okay, okay, Pokémon girl. I'll take your leave,' he added with an amused smile.

She rolled her eyes.

He pouted and left.

Little did Rue know that it was just the beginning of several stupid questions and a whole load of emotions.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-