3. Banding Together

Waking up when you've only had about three hours of sleep is worse than just pulling an all-nighter. I should know; before Maya came along and invaded my brain I was able to work day and night but now I was easily distracted and constantly thinking about ripping her clothes off and taking her against my desk.

I climb out of bed and head towards my bathroom to take a shower before heading into work but this proves to be a mistake as my brain is only capable of thinking of one thing. I think of her long legs wrapped around my torso and her eyes fluttering shut as she loses her fucking mind and I can't help but reach forward and take myself in my hand. I groan, jerking my hand back and forth while my breath comes out in heavy pants as I work towards my end until finally my orgasm rips through my body and I fall forward, resting my forehead against the wall.

"Josh" Ali pounds on my door. "Stop hogging all the hot water" she complains. I allow a soft chuckle to slip past my lips as I shake my head. Only my best friend would complain about me using my own hot water.

I reach forward and shut off the water, stepping out and wrapping a towel around my waist before heading back into my room. "All done" I shout.

"Thank god" she grumbles, walking away from my door. I laugh, turning to my closet and pulling out a pair of black dress pants and a dark blue button up. It's not my best color but it would have to do since I hadn't done laundry in a few weeks.

Once I'm ready to go I head downstairs to get some breakfast and I'm shocked to find Eric in my kitchen. "Uh hey bro" I greet him. "What are you doing here?" I question in confusion as I reach up on top of my fridge for the box of Frosted Flakes.

"My wife is driving me crazy" he complains. "I'm supposed to be out buying ice cream" he explains making me chuckle. My poor brother, this is why I would never get married and certainly never get a woman pregnant.

"But you're hiding instead" I chuckle, digging into the box and grabbing a handful.

"Just for a while" he shrugs. "Seriously bro get a bowl" he adds, motioning to my unsanitary form of eating as I shovel cereal into my mouth with my hand.

"It's my house" I reply with my mouth full. "I gotta get to the office. Stay as long as you want but seriously Eric; go home" I add, patting him on the shoulder before moving past him and leaving the house.

I walk out to my car and climb in, grateful to be able to get to work today to give me a distraction. Sure, Maya was going to be there but as long as I kept my mind busy I wouldn't think about her in any way besides professionally. Besides, today we were auditioning talent for the ball so I would be too busy listening to music to pay any attention to her.

Once I get to work I park and head up to my office, waltzing by Penny with a quick hello before wandering into my office where Maya is bending over my desk to place a cup of coffee and a pile of paperwork on top. I feel a slight twitch in my pants and I curse the woman for having such an impeccable ass.

"Ehm" I clear my throat causing her to quickly straighten up and turn towards me. "Good morning Maya."

"Mr. Matthews" she says politely, smoothing over her tan skirt that she had paired with a white button up blouse that would look so much sexier if about three more buttons were undone. "Good morning."

"What are those?" I ask, pointing to the paper as I make my way towards my desk.

"Those are the bands that you're going to be auditioning today" she explains, clasping her hands in front of her. I look up at her, quirking an eyebrow at her.

"Me? Miss Hunter you're accompanying me" I inform her causing her lips to part in shock, seemingly attempting to form a coherent thought. "Unless of course you don't want to" I add and that seemingly brings her back to reality, clearing her throat and shaking her head.