18. Lazy Sunday

I swore that nothing would ever get better than waking up beside Maya. Unlike past mornings where I awoke to find the bed empty despite her sleeping over, this morning she was still lying beside me sound asleep. 

I knew that the reunion tired her out yesterday and the last thing I wanted to do was interrupt her slumber. I lean forward and kiss her forehead before climbing out of bed and heading into my bathroom to take a bath. After the past few days I could take a few minutes of relaxation. I turn on the water and strip down before climbing into the warm water, humming in delight as I settle against the edge of the tub. I could already feel my muscles relaxing and all my stresses flowing down the drain. 

My eyes flutter shut and I find myself drifting off until a soft knock on the door catches my attention. I open my eyes and look up to find Maya sheepishly wandering into the room. "Morning" she murmurs. 

I smile. "Good morning gorgeous." She looked well rested for a change and absolutely adorable in my t-shirt. "Are you okay?" I ask worriedly, sitting up straight. She nods, padding across the floor and taking a seat on the edge of the tub. 

"I was just wondering where you ran off to" she explains, dipping her hand into the water. "How are you this morning?" she asks curiously. 

"Well, it is a weekend and I woke up next to you" I reply. "So I'd say I'm pretty damn good" I assure her. A blush rises on her cheeks and my smile widens. I take her hand in mine and tug her down towards me. "Wanna join me?"

Soundlessly she nods and stands up, stripping down and looking at me as if waiting for me to tell her where to step. I chuckle, motioning to the opposite side of the tub and she climbs in, sitting across from me. I shake my head, holding out my hand. She laughs, taking my hand and allowing me to pull her onto my lap. "Better" I comment cheekily. Her blush intensifies as she leans down to kiss me while my arms wrap around her waist, hugging her against me.

The kiss deepens and I can feel the blood rushing south. She giggles, wiggling her hips on my lap. I groan. "Don't tease me baby" I plead. 

"Me? I would never do such a thing" she teases, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I am anything but a tease, sir."

I quirk an eyebrow at her. "Ms. Hunter all you've done since we met is tease me" I argue. 

"Maybe I do it because I'm the only one you let get away with it" she replies softly, threading her fingers through my hair. "I like pushing your buttons and I love to see how annoyed I make you" she admits. "And I love that even when I'm driving you insane you still look at me the same way."

My heart is beating out of my chest at this point. How was it that this girl who was nothing but a one night stand has suddenly become the person I want to share everything with. Within a matter of weeks she's become someone I know I could never live without and she's grown to know me better than most people in my life. She tore down my walls easily and continues to break through me to find parts of myself that I didn't even realize existed. 

"What way is that?" I ask softly, my voice merely a whisper. 

"It's not important right now" she murmurs, lowering her lips to mine in a passionate kiss. I want to press her, to find out just how deep she thinks my feelings run for her but I couldn't possibly stop her from kissing me. Maya's kisses were like a drug to me, something I couldn't say no to or possibly think of giving up. 

The kiss deepens at the exact moment she shifts on top of me and I slip inside her. Her mouth falls open, breaking our kiss as my name rolls off her tongue. We come to a complete stop for a moment before we begin to move together, my hips raising up to meet hers on every thrust.