Warning: Microwaving may cause disaster

Sam drove us home dangerously fast as if he was scared we were being chased, and maybe we were. Noah was tense he looked straight ahead and I could tell he was furious. Sam’s hands were clenched around the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were white. I tried to get them to talk but Sam told me I’d be better to stay silent. I knew that I had put myself into a dangerous situation and they were pissed, but they could at least say something.

After ages of silence we finally pulled up to the house in the forest. It was quarter to six and thank god Dallin still wasn’t home, I didn’t need him to yell at me too. Noah slammed the car door shut as he left and stormed off to the edge of the clearing. He stood his, his back to me arms crossed. I exited the car and stood in front of Sam who was staring at Noah. I looked sheepishly at the ground.

I eventually got the courage to look up at Sam and saw that he was staring at me. His silver eyes shone in the sun and I was scared to meet them.

“I’m not going to get mad at you,” his voice was soft.

I let out a sigh of relief and felt my muscles relax.

“Grace I don’t think you understand, you’re not thinking about how what you do affects other people.”

I bit my tongue to stop myself from getting upset, how was I supposed to know about Gabriel’s brother, I mean maybe I shouldn’t have gone in the house but still.

Sam was looking straight into my eyes, “if something had happened to you, I don’t know what I would do…”

“Sam…”

He shook his head and looked away, “go talk to him,” he gestured to Noah, “good luck.” And with that he walked into the house and left me to fend for myself.

I turned and sized up my opponent; he was tall, lean yet with obvious muscles, his black hair so much darker in the shadows of the trees around him, he was also one hundred percent pissed. I nervously glanced around, no one was outside except for the two of us. Damn where was Connor when you needed him, I was pretty sure Noah wouldn’t kill me in front of witnesses.

Stop being such a wimp, I chided myself, what’s the worst he could do, yell at you? During all the fighting with myself Noah hadn’t moved, he was still standing with his arms crossed, back to me. The way he was acting reminded me of a three year old throwing a tantrum, it was almost comical I had to supress a laugh.

Suddenly a voice broke into my thoughts, “are you going to come here or just keep staring at me?” My cheeks heated up and even though I couldn’t see his face I could tell Noah was smirking.

“I wasn’t staring,” I muttered as I walked forward to him. I felt the cool of the forest as I left the warmth of the sun to stand beside him.

“Grace you’re an idiot.”

“You can’t just do that. You can’t just not talk to me then get angry at me.” I was sick of Noah ignoring me and then getting upset at me. “I may not matter to you but I don’t appreciate getting yelled at all the time.”