Danger, Boys, And... Lip Piercings???

We walked up to the front door and just as you’d expect, a brass doorknocker gleamed hanging on the dark wood. Gabriel pushed it open with ease and we walked inside. As I took in my surroundings I noticed that the inside of the house was actually quite modern compared to the outside. The walls were a dark grey and my shoes slid a bit on the gleaming hardwood floor as we entered. I stood waiting by the door in the front hall while Gabriel went to check whatever it was he needed to.

I noticed an oil painting on the wall by the door, it portrayed two young men standing together, both smiling handsomely. It took me a moment to realize that it was Gabriel and an older brother or cousin, the resemblance was striking. The older Gabriel had a slightly more muscular build and was a bit taller, and he had platinum blonde hair in contrast to Gabriel’s brown.

Just as I was admiring the skill of the painter I heard someone clear their throat and turned to see Gabriel standing a foot away from me. My heart raced, how did people get so close without making any noise?!

He smiled sheepishly, “sorry to startle you, would you like something to drink?”

I was starting to get a bad feeling but I fought it off, not wanting to be rude. I nodded my head and followed Gabriel down multiple hallways turning corners every so often until we reached the kitchen. I had no doubt I would never be able to find my way out of the house on my own.

The appliances in the kitchen sparkled as if they were brand new; it was a large room with a wide glass window taking up most of the wall in front of the table.  The window looked out on a back yard that looked wild and overrun with weeds and tall grass. 

Just as Gabriel was pouring me a glass of water I heard a door slam somewhere in the house, Gabriel’s jaw clenched I could see him pale. 

“What’s wrong, who is that?” But just as I asked I saw the other man from the painting walk through the kitchen door.

My stomach sunk immediately as I saw him, his eyes were dark and when he spotted me he grinned widely.

“You must be Grace,” his voice was smooth and cool, “I’ve heard so much about you.”

Gabriel started to nudge me to the door. “And now you’ve met her Arden, I’ve got to drive her home; I’ll be back in a bit.”

Arden moved to block the door, “just wait, why such a hurry?” He started to walk towards me and I saw him take me in. I grabbed my necklace, a habit I had developed, and I saw his eye spark with interest.

“That’s a unique necklace, mind if I give it a look?” He moved even closer till her was just in front of me. I shook my head no.

“Come on,” his voice grew harsher, “let me see it.” His stare was intense.

“No, can we go now Gabriel, please?” I backed away from Arden, and saw Gabriel moving closer to the door. I went to follow him but Arden grabbed my wrist. I tried to yank it away but his grip was like a vice.

“I only want to see it,” he growled and moved to grab my necklace but as soon as he touched it he let out a howl of pain and dropped my wrist. I stumbled back and hit my leg on the table.

Arden sneered at me, “you bitch.” He moved forward and I backed up but there was nowhere to go, Gabriel looked tense as if he were about to stop Arden but he just stood there.

My eyes searched the room in panic for something I could use to defend myself with, I was about to lunge for a chair when a sharp loud noise pierced the room and the glass raining down around me made all three of us freeze. Only it wasn’t just the three of us in the room anymore.

I stared in shock at Noah and Sam who had just broken through the window and were standing unharmed. Then my mouth dropped to the floor when I saw Noahs lip.

“You got a lip piercing?!”

Sam turned and smirked at me, “I dared him to,” he said proudly.

“Not the time guys.” Noah wouldn’t look at me, he just stared ahead furiously at Arden who seemed to be fully recovered from the shock of the window and whatever had happened when he touched my necklace. I couldn’t see Gabriel anywhere.

“Come on Grace we’re leaving,” Sam said staring wearily at Arden.

Arden snarled, “hell no you aren’t.”

“We weren’t asking permission,” Noah crossed his arms.

“Shut your mouth while you still have one, remember the last time you decided to get smart with me.”

Arden moved forward so fast he was a blur and I stared in shock as him and Noah collided. I couldn’t see anything and could hardly identify who was who. Sam grabbed my arm, “come on Grace we’re getting out of here.”

“But what about Noah?” We couldn’t just leave him here.

Sam was practically dragging me out the window; I had to watch I didn’t get cut on the broken glass.

“He’ll catch up with us trust me.”

We ran around the side of the house to the silver BMW and quickly got into the car. We waited a minute until Noah quickly opened the door and told us to drive. I hadn’t even seen him run from the house.

His hair was a bit ruffed up but other than that he looked fine. Except for the silver ring that protruded from his bottom lip.

“Now why the hell is your lip pierced?!”

I have had major writers block so I know this is really crappy, and late. But  think the next update will be better! I sincerely apologize for the wait

-Haley