nerf gun

You hid behind the corner, breathing heavy. You held the gun close to your chest as if it were your saving grace. And against him, it was. You heard his footsteps echoing on the tiles. In a panic you reloaded your gun, trying your hardest to stay silent. Then the unimaginable happened. You dropped a bullet. It fell to tiles and made a slight noise. You cringed, holding your breath. Even the slightest noise could catch his attention.

"I've found you, my little lamb."

Without wasting another second, you sprinted into the lounge. You aimed your gun and fired six bullets at him before diving behind the couch. He laughed, running to the couch. You managed to slide your way further into the hallway, silently laughing at his confused pout.  He smiled, chuckling at the path you made by sliding across the floor. It also reminded him to clean up. He slowly inched towards your hiding spot. He heard your soft breathing and advanced, gun first. First he heard your scream, then your sound of pain. Only after he heard silence did he realise that he had his eyes closed. He opened them and saw you lying on the floor with your tongue hanging out. He decided to follow along, lying on top of you. He placed a soft kiss on your lips, earning him a slight squeal.

"I will miss you, my love."

You smiled, missing his warmth as he got up to play again.