coma

If he hadn't had gotten into that fight with you three months ago, you wouldn't be in the hospital stuck in a coma. If he would've chased after you when you left in a storm of tears, you would be safely held in his arms, smiling and laughing with him. If he would've apologised, he wouldn't have to be sitting next to your almost lifeless body.

The small up and down movements of your stomach is the only thing giving him hope that you'll be ok.

His friends have told him to leave you. Forget the dead weight and find someone new with more chance of staying alive. He's stopped talking to those 'friends.' How can he leave you alone when last time he did you got hit by a car? The doctors told him that he could've saved you.

He tightly grasps your hands, eyes bloodshot from crying and sleepless nights. Your family visits occasionally but he never leaves unless it's necessary. He prays every night that you'll be up in the morning, smiling at him with that smile reserved only for him. He wishes he could turn back time and hold you in his arms when you start yelling at him, explaining how sorry he is.

"I love you." He whispers before placing a kiss on your forehead. The heart beat monitor next to him goes faster and he immediately rings for the nurses. They shoo him out the room, despite his protests. The door is shut in his face, leaving him to wonder what happened and if you'll be ok.

A couple of hours later and the doctor walks up to him with a successful smile on his face.

"She's awake."

Not wasting another second, he flies into the room, attacking you in a hug. The words 'I love you' tumble out of his mouth in between joyful sobs. You hug him back, beginning to cry yourself. The nurse watches from afar, heading off to call your parents with the news. He looks up at you, brushing your hair out of your face.

"I missed you so much, Y/N. I'm so sorry for everything, please forgive me."

You nod, too weak to form words. He smiles at you, cupping your cheeks. You know what's coming so you instinctively close your eyes. He presses his lips against yours, kissing gently so he doesn't hurt you. A wave of strength and warm passes through you as his tongue explores your mouth, missing your taste. His hands gently ghost down your arms, sending a tingling sensation throughout your body. It's a this moment that you realise that you need him more than anything else in the world. He's your pain but also your cure. You can't let him get away from you. You pull away, mouthing the word later. He nods, moving back to his seat, once again claiming your hand in his. You squeeze it, gaining his attention.

"I love you too."