Ten

Mitch and Scott stood in front of the building they tracked his mom to. He took a deep breath as they waited. "Is everything okay?" Scott asked kindly. "Yeah, just- my mom's in there." Mitch smiled as he looked up at Scott. "Then let's go get her. She'll be heavily guarded." Scott said before they walked to the door cautiously.

On the right side of the building, Avi, Kevin, and Kirstie sat there and waited. "How are we supposed to know when to go in?" Kevin asked in a whisper. "Scott said we would know." Avi shrugged as they both watched the building, but the snapping of a twig caught Kirstie's attention so she looked back. "What are we even looking for?" Kevin asked as Kirstie walked towards the sound.

Before they noticed Kirstie left, a bright white light flashed. "That's it, let's go." Kevin said before he and Avi took off. Kirstie was too distracted, she just continued walking towards the noise with her knife ready.

~~~ inside the building ~~~

Mitch was untying his mom after checking to make sure she wasn't a demon. He looked back to see Scott using the demon blade to kill three demons easily before more came out. "Mitch, we should go!" He called as they cornered him. "I've got her!" Mitch called as he put his mom's arm around the back of his neck and helped her walk as fast as possible.

Scott disappeared and reappeared behind them, touching both of them before they all disappeared and reappeared in the car where Avi and Kevin were. "Where's Kirstie?" Mitch asked worriedly before a demon jumped onto the hood of the car. "We have to go." Kevin said before he sped off.

END OF BOOK 2!! I just needed to post this to post another story...