Chapter 9 (Dipper pov)

Quick disclaimer! Sorry I've been gone so long! I've just been working through some mental health issues as well as working on another project (which I might actually win money for!). But now I'm back! On with the story! 

Once Dipper had caught up with his sister, he was confused by what she was marveling at. "Have you been eating raw sugar packets again? It's just a little cabin!" 

Mabel grabbed tightly onto Dipper's arm. "No! Just watch!" Almost as if on cue, an old man hobbled slowly out of the house, making his way over to a wooden rocking chair. As he sat down, the chair creaked loudly, as if it hadn't been used in years. 

Dipper frowned. He still didn't see what Mabel thought was so special about this house. A girl, younger than the old man but older than the group of teenagers, walked out of the house as well. She was dressed plainly, wearing a dress stitched together by hand and an off-white bonnet on her head. She was holding a small, tin tray with two cups of steaming tea on it. She set the tray down on a little wooden table and sat in another rocking chair. 

Dipper looked over to say something to Mabel, but stopped when he saw Soos' face. He was frozen in shock, his lips trembling and eyes wide. The group gathered around him, extremely worried. "Soos?" Wendy asked hesitantly. 

"That... that woman..." Soos started. "She looks exactly like my mother." 

Everyone was taken aback by his words. Only Wendy had the courage to speak. "But Soos, that's impossible. You mother died when you were young, you told me that yourself." 

"I know it seems crazy guys," Soos said. He looked down at all his friends, nay- his family. "But she looks exactly like my mom, a face I'll never forget. You have to trust me." 

"We trust you Soos." 

"Thank you guys. I'm going to go over and talk to her."