XXIII:Intangible Manipulation

Aaaaaaaaah helllooooo! :3

Music: Beneath the mask rain
~~~
“Alright class 35 minutes to do the test. Make sure you do your best, leave nothing blank and I’ll alarm you when time is up.” I tapped my pencil against my desk in boredom. I couldn’t even think straight as my whole messed up life was being panned out in front of me.

All since birth up until now, I held my life by the reigns of death since the very beginning. I winced slightly as a roll of folded papers met with the back of my head “First you miss school, then you want to go and text in MY class? Put that damned thing away.” He grumbled as a sigh left my lips. I took my precious time taking my earbuds out as I tried checking my phone for any messages, but nothing showed up.

I slipped my phone into my bag and out of sight like I was asked to as I looked at the thick packet on my desk. Skimming through the pages to see that there were 50 questions. Some multiple choice, some extended response, others just short answer and a couple passages. As time had started, I just kept thinking back onto the conversation and tried to line up that man’s voice to something similar that I had heard before. “What do you want me to do in his place…?”

Kunikazu Okumura of Okumura foods needs to be discarded immediately. I take you understand what I mean by that right?’ “You want me to go into his palace I suppose. Right…? I promised myself that after Marianne I wouldn't-” ‘Well  those resolutions no longer exist in you virtue. Remember, I hold the noose around your neck if you dare disobey me. You are playing Akechi's role now, play the part like it meant the world to you. Understand?’ “Yes sir…”Good.’

 “Time! Pencils down and pass the booklets forward.” I gave a groan as I had closed the booklet passing it forward. I didn't even get a chance to finish since I was so caught up in my owm head. “Masayoshi Shido huh…..?” I mumbled lightly as I leaned back in my chair taking a little rest. Then my rest was interrupted with a restless groan and a frown “I'm going to have to join a club soon….why is such a thing a requirement..?” I ran a hand through my hair as I got out of my seat picking up my belongings as the bell had rung. I steadily walked up to the roof with my lunch box in hand as I sat under the roof, watching the rain. It was a bit warmer than usual today considering it’s still winter but it was a nice change of pace to see.

“The skies cry too...I suppose it’s the only thing I have in common with at the moment. I mean….I don’t have to do his task immediately. He’ll mind of course but the noose around my neck is tight enough, why don’t you just pull it already…? Akechi already left me to hang….” I sighed as I brang my knees to my chest recalling the trivial revelation that was brought to my attention. “...Why didn't he say anything before I got involved with him…?  What were you actually planning to do me once we got rid of Marianne Akechi…..?” The tears fell even more as I gripped his phone in my hand. When I thought I had absolute control over the situation, it was possible for the rug to be pulled from underneath me.

When I thought I knew everything about him, just with a snap of a finger I could have been killed. “I don't want you near me Akechi, I’m telling you that I know something bad will happen.” “Nothing will happen..you actually seem like a good omen to me. All I see is a girl crying and holding a small teddy bear all alone wanting someone to come to her rescue…”

'I told him that since the beginning. But with all these thoughts started swarming inside my head it only makes me wonder as to who the bigger liar was and who was actually pulling the other’s chain…?’ “What a terrible thought……”

I sniffled and wiped my tears as I heard the iron door open and then shut. “So, this is where you ran off to.” The familiar messy haired adolescent appeared in front of me with an umbrella sitting down next to me. “Yeah. Don’t worry too much about it, I just needed some thinking space.” I put a strand of my (h/c) hair behind my hair as I curled up even more as my eyes focused on the melancholic horizon before me. “We have to worry about it. None of us had seen or heard from you in awhile, so Ann and Ryuji sent me to pay a check up visit.” The male sighed lightly as a relaxed smile formed on his lips. “Not to be rude but, I didn't send for help you know.” “Yes, but the cavalry came anyway.”