XXVI:Cold Blooded

“I’m sure you’ll all oblige right?” Priscilla smiled as her thumb kept playing with the bright red button on the detonator. My stature was frozen, was she actually serious about this? So many questions ran through my head but then I felt all my muscles calm down, knowing Priscilla wouldn’t press the button with me inside.

It was a good threatening tactic but also risky because of how much I began to second guess her thought process. “She’s one hell of a liar.” “Me? Oh gosh no. Why would I lie about something as deadly as this..I’ve planted bombs all over this place.” She chuckled lightheartedly as I stood behind her.

I wanted to tell her not even to take the risk of pressing the button and kill all of us inside. But, that would be meaningless anyways, all of this is a game and the only way to win is to clear the board. “Is there anyone I could speak with instead of you idiots?” I glared at them and one of them pointed a gun at me as I ran a hand through my hair with a sigh. “Like I said. Only a baseless moron would point a gun at someone and not shoot them.” I looked straight into the empty barrel then at the man who held it up to my face. “Do it and this whole place will be in flames. Priscilla.” I closed my eyes as a bullet grazed by my cheek and made contact with the male’s head in front of me and he collapsed to the floor with a thud. “Serves you right. Now if all of you would be so kind to listen you would realize that this would all take a moment.” Priscilla and I forced our way through the crowd and as I sat down on top of Kamui’s desk. “I’m sure the majority of you understand where I’m coming from right? As to why I’m here and all that nice stuff. To be frank, I actually don’t give a damn about any of you after what you’ve done to me. So you’ll all listen to me now. Either you’ll take this offer into consideration or I can make sure the families you all have left will die. If you all cooperate that is, but Im sure that most of you have families right? Other than that you couldn't find jobs with a high pay rate without getting your hands dirty. Other than that, I can understand and fully recognize how hard it is to be financially stable and look out for yourself..” My voice fell a bit as I played with ends of my hair for a moment. “Who are you to fucking order us around like this?! We only listen to Kamui!” “Kamui is dead. I killed him with my own two hands. All over this.” I held up the familiar diamond necklace in between my fingers and made sure I had a leeway in this pointless conversation to make a point that I was in charge instead of any of these street idiots. “Here I hold the most wealth a woman could get right in between my fingertips. It’s riches are untold to the common people but it was generously passed to me from my mother. It’s said that if traded in, the fortune would be all yours~ and I’ll be damned if any of you filthy street dogs take this from my dead body and pry it from my hands.” I glared emptily at the clan as a small smile formed on my lips knowing that my point was made pretty clear. As I started to feel the tension in the air, it seemed to have been my cue to leave since no one had dared to say much of anything.

“Priscilla. We’re leaving now, I think I’ve made my point clear.” I hopped down from the desk as I put my hands in my pockets and made my way to the door “I hope none of you disappoint me in the near future.” I gave a coy little smile and a bow before Priscilla and I had left the building back into the cold weather. “You handled that well than I had imagined dear. They all looked terrified! But deary, will you actually kill their families?” Priscilla trailed behind me as I stopped for a moment to give her a deadly side glare. “I’m not the one who will be doing that. Not if the situation calls for it that is. That’s why I have you around, I’m sure you wouldn't mind.” “But dear what if they all have infant siblings or children who have yet to grow?” The question just made me stop for a second.

It infuriated me that a question even rose from her mind but it just made me think back. That same night, that same suicide and murder, and that small girl left alone in this world to fend for herself. “....Take them under Red X’s label and nurture them. I need revenge on the Yakuza and everyone connected to them no matter what. I know all of this is wrong and I bet you think I lost my mind but...don’t harm those kids. Just the faces who back stab me Priscilla that’s all I ask…” With those words I started to walk ahead before I was stopped by bear hug from behind “I knew you were still in there somewhere. I know how much you want revenge on all the people who’ve brought you harm so I’ll think of a certain solution. Happiness is rare in this world and I’m sure their children would want that happiness to cherish it with their own families. Aside from that Christmas is around the corner too!” “You’re trying to change my mind aren’t you…? To make me feel bad for all that I’m plotting to do right…?” “Yes and no dear. I want to make sure your comfortable with all of this. You’ll get your hands dirty with blood and the sins that’ll follow up with that.” “I’m sure that your well aware your on the deep end of that. You’ve stolen and you’ve killed people before too, not sure why this situation is or will be any different.” My voice was low as I had emitted a small cloud of fog from my lips and had walked on.

After a few moments, I had unlocked the door to the mansion as I had stepped in to slip off my coat.  “Ara! This is such a beautiful mansion Y/n!” Priscilla had smiled brightly as she went around and looked at all the lights. “Don’t get too happy...I was captive here...I had to call this place ‘home’. Either that or I would have been homeless if anything else really. I felt if I had crossed Marianne once, she would have put me out...and scavenging like a wild animal was not on my to-do list.” I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the kitchen with a heavy sigh as I looked at the floor.

I remembered every single second of every other day she would have made me scrub the hell out of this floor and the ballroom. Just thinking about it made my nerves burn in anguish “It’s over dear. Don’t think about it, she’s long gone.” Priscilla had hugged me tightly which caused tears to drip down my cheeks onto the granite countertop. “It’s hard to not forget. You don’t know what she’s done to me…! She did enough damage to break me and turn me into something I know damn well that I’m not..” “But your still you. Y/n the adorable little angel cake who came into the Yakuza. The one who refused to harm anyone, we needed that kind of purity in our group instead of hate.” “...Maybe...things could have been alot different if I didn't make the choices I did. None of this would have happened..I wouldn't feel the need to push Akechi and so many others away. It would have just been alot better if I was isolated and alone..” I slipped out of Priscilla’s grip and had grabbed myself a water bottle “You would only drive yourself mad in the process dear. I for one wouldn't stand for that and I’m sure little Goro wouldn't either.” I opened the bottle and took a couple of sips from it as I listened to her speak. “Akechi probably thinks I hate him now after what I said to him back in the hospital. I just need to keep him on the back burner for now..since detectives can be nosey.” “What exactly did you say to him?” We both started to walk up the stairs into Marianne’s room. Everything was perfectly clean and in order as I had took my shoes off and sat on the bed. “Basically that our meet up was just a ruse. That our love was fabricated and nothing more than a ploy in Shido’s hands. Akechi being the pawn he needed to learn as much as he could about Marianne so he could keep feeding her lies of being rich and sucking every coin he could out of us. I caught on and called him out on it, he didn't like that I found out.” “Ara, dearie of course not. He only want to protect you Y/n..” “By feeding me baseless lies in the process..what exactly was he protecting then?” I lied down on the bed with a sigh as I looked up at the ceiling. “How you felt. He deeply cared about you.” “I wish that were the truth...anyways Priscilla, make sure your ready tomorrow we have things to do to make sure everything is set in order.” “Of course dear. Rest easy ok? Goodnight~.” Priscilla had turned off the lights and had slipped out of the room. I immediately got out of bed and waltz over to a glass door, opening it with both hands and felt the cold rush of air through my hair. The velvet curtains swayed a bit as I looked up at the gray sky with the moon peeking through the clouds. “Tomorrow..is where it all starts.”
~~~
Spicy~ Im getting back into the swing of things dont worry! Tell me what you think like usual!

Bye bye 👋🐼