CHAPTER 1

Bruce sat in his study room, deep in thought. He kept thinking of the newspaper he read two weeks ago and especially the event that took place the night before the newspaper was released.

The snap of the ropes, the falling bodies, the horrid sound of breaking bones, the foul stench of blood and death and Bruce would always remember the scream of a young girl who lost everything.

He still remembered it so clearly. How he remembers the same pain and hollowness he experienced by just looking into that girl's blue eyes. The pain of losing a loved one right before your eyes. He saw how the girl's bright beautiful blue eyes, that even he himself didn't know that was possible to be eye color, shine not even a few minutes ago die and become hollow and cold.

Bruce was snapped out of his thoughts when there was a knock on the door. He turned to see Alfred standing by the door.

"Master Tim is requesting for your presence, sir," the butler said.

Bruce stayed quiet for a while before he spoke. "Thank you, Alfred. Would you please tell him and the others that a family meeting will be in order."

Alfred simply nodded. "Of course, Master Bruce."

____________

"What do you mean she's not in any of the orphanages?"

Tim was confused, did someone adopt her already?

Jason finally looked up from his game to look at what his adoptive father said. Jason looked at his older brothers and saw them confused as well.

After Alfred calling the three boys, Bruce told Damian to tell the others to go to the car while he made a quick call. Damian didn't question his father but there was obvious confusion and did what he was told.

"Well, Mr. Wayne... All the orphanages in Gotham are full so we had no choice but to place her in Juvenile Detention Center-"

"WHAT?!" Jason yelled at the receptionist, cutting her off and his game now forgotten. "Just because all the orphanages are full doesn't mean you have to send a NINE-YEAR-OLD GIRL in Juvie!! WHO THE HECK SAID IT WAS ALLOWED TO SEND A CHILD THERE?!"

Tim looked at Jason with wide eyes but not surprised at the same time. One minute he was just there playing his game with no care for the world and the next he was screaming at the receptionist but knowing that it hit Jason more close to home, Tim expected this behavior. Bruce and Damian though had their poker face on and continued to stare at the receptionist.

The receptionist paled a bit and coughed before answering the angry boy.

"W-well, there were several who heavily disagreed but since there weren't any options, she was sent there." The receptionist stammered.

"BULLSHIT!"

"Jason! Watch your words!" Tim yelled at his younger brother.

Tim didn't blame Jason for cursing though. He knew that Jason lived on the streets, stealing wheels from cars just to earn money. He knew Jason was one of the only one out of the three of them to actually live for a while without a guardian.

"Where is she now?" Damian spoke up but it sounded more of a demand than a question.

"S-she stayed there for at Juvenile Detention Center for a while but was transferred a few days ago to a Catholic orphanage after the guards found out that she was being beaten up by a number of inmates"

Jason continued to glare at the receptionist. He opened his mouth to yell at the receptionist once more but he was cut off by his adoptive father.

"What's the name of the orphanage?" Bruce asked the receptionist, his face devoid from emotions.

"Bonthhold Orphanage, sir."

"Thank you, miss. Sorry for the trouble that my sons and I caused. We'll be on our way."

With that Bruce turned and walked to the direction of the car, Damian following Bruce without a word. Jason continued to glare at the receptionist, who was squirming under the gaze of the boy. Jason felt Tim place a hand on his shoulder and that was when Jason turned and stomped out off the room. The sixteen-year-old sighed and looked apologetically at the receptionist and left to follow the rest of his family.