Chapter 12

It was a quiet day in the manor, it was the day right after the three proteges broke into Cadmus and found Superboy. After the whole fiasco last night, Batman told them that he would say his final decision in three days but ever since they went home, they thoroughly ignored the thirteen-year-old. It didn't really bother her too much last night since Alfred was busy reprimanding her as he and Dr. Leslie treated her wounds.

Seeing that her brothers still didn't want to approach her, the thirteen-year-old found herself texting Wally, asking how things were on his end. Since Superboy didn't have a place to stay yet, the clone was staying over at the redhead's house. Wally was just telling her how he and Superboy are going to go to the mall after being sent a credit card from her father– or to be more exact, Batman. She bid the redhead farewell when she heard a knock from her door.

"Come in!" she yelled. Ever since her father came in on her changing, the quick silent rule in the manor was established– knock before you enter.

The door opened and Terry stepped into the room. "Hey."

"Hey," Dixie said, equally as awkward. She sat up straighter and placed her phone aside.

The two of them stared at each other, not knowing what to say to the other.

"So, what brings you here to my room oh dear brother of mine?" Dixie asked sarcastically.

Terry sighed and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, so..."

Seeing her oldest brother like that made her realize why he was here despite coming to her room in her in the first place.

"You lost the draw lots huh?" she asked nonchalantly.

Terry chuckled nervously. "Yeah," the older confessed.

"Well if you guys want to talk to me, I suggest to tell me when all of you are there, I know they're standing out in the hallway, listening in on us," Dixie said angrily, making sure that her brothers outside could hear her. She suddenly stood up from her bed and grabbed her wallet and phone.

"Where are you going?" Terry called out to her as she stomped out of the room, ignoring her other brothers who were in the hallway.

"Going out! If any of you were there during breakfast, you would know that I have something to do!" she yelled, not bothering to look back at her brother. She continued to storm down the stairs of the manor.

Alfred was cleaning the dust off the mantle of the fireplace when he saw the fuming thirteen-year-old.

"I take it your brothers used the sacrificial lamb tactic?" Alfred asked the young girl.

Dixie sighed, not wanting to get mad at the butler. "Yeah, they thought that they can fix all this by just sending one to represent them."

"Do you need a ride, Miss Rachelle?" Alfred asked, his eyes sparkling with humor but still stoic as ever.

"No thanks, Alfred," Dixie declined. "Thanks for the offer though, I think I would prefer to walk going there. I'll be going off now."

"Dinner will be at six pm," the butler reminded her as she walked out the door. He was only responded by a small smile and wave as she closed the front doors. The butler sighed to himself and continued what he was doing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for uploading late! It's been very stressful lately since I've started studying for CETS and just took the one for my dream school... yay... I'll try to update on time but... no promises :(( Sorry that this update was short, just wanted to show that there's a rift and tension between Dixie and her family after the CADMUS incident