Chapter Fourteen:

Chapter Fourteen:

“Come on guys, the beach is fun! I haven’t been in ages, we have to go!” I exclaimed to the guys as we sat around in their motel room. “Plus I am dressed already,” I said pointing at my clothing. I had decided to take them to the beach instead of the battle.

“We don’t have any towels?” Austin said trying to make another excuse but I just held up the spare towels I brought.

“Fine,” Clay said dragging out the words like it was a big deal, “I guess we can go.”

“Thank you!” I said jumping up to hug him but it became a squeezing contest, then he became a punching bag and I was getting tickled all while Austin sat back and was texting who I assume is the “mystery girl.”

“Get dressed,” I yelled at Clay and lay on the bed talking to Austin till Clay was changed, then with Clay while Austin was changing.

“Lucky we brought our swimmers.”

“Seriously? You are guys, you don’t need to wear anything special just a pair of pants.”

“That’s all I have on,” Clay says. He is a weird one.

*

I love the beach; I hardly ever go so when I do I take the whole thing in when I do visit. The ocean is beautiful, I just love the way it goes on endlessly.

We had such a lovely time, getting covered in sand, washing it off and then getting covered in sand again. The whole days was great, we had such a great time. To end the day I went with them to.

“Seems I say goodbye to you a lot,” I say to Austin while in an embrace.

“Yeah, uhm, hey, I gotta tell you something,” he claimed after Clay left to go to the toilet.

“Sure, you can tell me whatever whenever.”

“Ok, well I know you are dating Drake,” he started staring at me, “but I just wanted to tell you I like you.”

“Like, as in romantically?”

“Well, yeah. I hope this doesn’t make things awkward or anything, I just thought it was time to tell you,” he said vulnerability. Honestly, I didn’t care how he looked I was furious.

“You like me? What? Since when? Why have you never told me? How can things not be awkward? You like me! I am dating Drake; I hope you don’t think anything is going to happen between us! What the hell is wrong with you?” I exclaimed with a mixture of emotions. It was a lot to take in; my best friend just claimed he liked me, didn’t want anything to be awkward. I just don’t know what he expected from me.

“I didn’t expect you to react like this,” Clay says walking up behind me.

“You knew too? What is wrong with yous? How can things not be awkward now? This is ridiculous. I got to go. Have a safe flight,” I said walking away from them.

Maybe an overreaction but what was I meant to do? Confess my previous feelings? I can’t do that; I have a boyfriend who I actually like. And like it could ever work, we live on different sides of the country for goodness sake!

“Hello?” I ask answering my phone as I walked out up my stairs to my room.

“Please don’t be mad at me, I am sorry,” Guess who? Austin.

“Give me time to think,” I say and then tell him goodbye and hang up.

**

Things have changed so much, not all good; Drake and I are going strong, we are so happy together. I have made so many friends here, they are all so funny. Clay has moved out and gone to live with Aunty Mel because of mum and his arguments. Mum has moved to Sydney, she said being closer to me was what she wanted and there is more, new, work here. Austin and I have stopped talking. Over a year my life has changed dramatically. 

***********

ooh! that was unexpected right? I am sorry for the shortness of these chapters but when I go over them I will add all the detail and crap. This is just like a story outline. :)

Good uploading thought? aye? Dont get use to it ;)