Chapter Sixteen: (The End)

Chapter Sixteen:

“Hey,” I yelled out gaining Clay’s attention from across the airport. I hung onto my luggage as I ran across to meet up with him; the heels were definitely not helping (WHY WAS I WEARING HEELS)

“Hey, you look so great,” he said hugging me once I had dropped my luggage on the floor. “How long has it been? Six months?” Brother hugs are the hugs which you feel so safe in, it is so reassuring and I have missed them so much.

“Too long, that’s how much! I have missed you so, so much!”

“Yeah, mum was telling me,” he said pulling back slightly so he could look at me. “If you ever need to talk, I am here! I don’t mind you flying all the way over just so randomly but next time call me and tell me your problems first,” he said kissing me on my forehead and engulfing me in another hug. Who knew brothers could be so sweet.

“Thank you,” I said in my nicest voice.

“Let mum have a turn,” mum said pulling me away from her son and embracing him in a hug. “Wow, you have grown!”

“He must have finally hit puberty.”

“Shut up, go get in the car,” he said picking up mums suitcase for her. “And by car I mean taxi.”

“You still haven’t got your license?” Mum asked him in an annoyed tone.

“Alison doesn’t have one, why aren’t you getting up her?”

“She has been away for a while, I am sure she hasn’t had time to get one.”

“Oh, make an excuse for her-“Clay started to retort back but I was too quick to interject.

“Who wants ice-cream?” I ask awkwardly.

“You are so weird sometimes, oh how I have missed you,” Clay said back to me while laughing.

We didn’t get ice-cream; instead we went back to my Auntie’s place which was a medium sized brick house. It had the whole homey look that made you want to just stay there for the rest of your life. Instead of staying though, Clay grabbed his bag that he had prepacked and we all headed to the hotel mum had booked for us to stay at for the week. She didn’t want to impose on Aunty but I think she just wanted some time with us.

“I am going to check out the food area then, find who is around, if you get my drift,” Clay said winking at me then walking out.

“Do you want to go visit the spa, they said at the front counter that there was a nice one here,” mum said to me after Clay left. Mum, of course, had picked the most expensive fancy hotel that most holiday people stay in.

“Sure!”

*

“I was thinking we should go visit Austin’s family! I haven’t seen his father and step mother in ages. You don’t have to come if you don’t want to,” muffled mum as we were getting a massage.

I thought about it. Did I want to visit him? Who stopped talking to who? Was it my fault?

“It is fine, I will come,” I said truthfully, “When do you want to go? You could call them and see if they want to go out to dinner.”

“That’s great! I don’t want to push you, but maybe you two could talk. Things have changed now,” she said after the lady told us to put our robes back on.

“Ok. That was a great massage wasn’t it?” I said changing the subject. I never liked talking about him, I missed him too much. Sometimes Clay would text me telling me to call him or something but I never did, I felt weird. I felt guilty.