Chapter 26: regret

I saw the walkers, and without making a sound, crept back into the woods. What was I going to do? I got back into the woods, an started running- Not backwards, but right. I ran towards the hoard, but out of sight, and hopefully earshot. I was walking slowly until I just got incredibly impatient- and started to sprint.

I sprinted for as long as I could. As far as I knew, they hadn't heard me, or I would've been shooting down walkers right about now. I stopped sprinting and began lightly jogging. After all, I had less weight on me, only having my gun and knife. After a little jogging I got bored of that too, and just walked. Then, after an hour, I walked out back into the road.

Three hours of walking, and I still didn't recognize anything. This was terrible.

After a long time I just gave up. It started getting dark, so I went into the woods, found a creek to back myself up on, and went to sleep.

******

The next morning I woke up incredibly sore. I felt like shit, I was probably in the worst mood in my life, the entire worlds gone to hell and I have nothing, nothing.

I'm not sure of anyone could feel the emptiness I'm feeling. Let me tell you about some of my pre-apocalyptic life.

Earlier I said my life was normal, that I had a normal family and all that. I didn't, I loved my family, to death. I had two older brothers. I had a loving mother and father that never got old to me. I hadn't yet reached the age of 'parents suck and I'm my own person' yet, so I still had all the love in my heart for them.

I had an average school life as well. I had a friend in almost every group of people. I realized as I got older and established my best of friends I realized drama wasn't as apparent. I loved my friends, and to an extent, I loved going to school. I, like every other girl, had un-realistic crushes and 'first loves' that never lasted.

I had lost my boyfriend in the incident if told Adam and the boys about, but that was the only tragic thing in my life. I had a great one. But in my head my life was different. I was a protagonist on the outside and an antagonist on the inside. I was Avery positive person on the outside, and as well on the inside, but every two weeks or so I'd get this PANG of negativity and I brought it out. I don't really know what had went on with me.

And then all this happened.

After the first week of this epidemic I had lost everyone I cared about. I'm not one to bring out emotions in front of others, so I didn't. Everything in my life that's happened it in the back of my skull. My emotions are bursting at the seems, but i keep resewing them. I figured after holding it in long enough, it will just evaporate. I really hope it has.

Right now I was definitely wishing I had never met Cameron and Jack.

REALLY WISHING.