Chapter 29: Solo Mission

"but you can't take on all his guys alone," and I'm the only other person that knows you're doing this. The crew won't understand when they hear Ruckus. I doubt they'll even help you considering-" he stopped.

"Considering what?" I asked.

"It's nothing, I didn't mean to say that."

"Yes you did," I scolded, "Adam damn it tell me now!"

"They think the reason you never came back is because you joined them. They don't trust you anymore."

"That's bullshit... But right now I don't care."

"So how do you plan on doing this? You can barely do anything look at all your injuries. You probably have a concussion. Your legs look more red than white. You're so battered. How are you doing this?"

"I stopped feeling pain after you broke my nose."

He sulked. "That was a low blow."

"Your punch sure wasn't."

"I guess I never really got a chance to apologize... So I will now."

"Oh save it Adam I don't-"

"I'm sorry. I really am. That day I wasn't myself and I've regretted it ever since. I guess all these changes have taken a toll on my sanity. I can't tell you how much I want to go back to that day and kiss you instead."

"I'll take that for now," I said.

"Wow, okay, I just poured my heart out."

"I wanted to see what you'd say to that," I said laughing. He smiled and was about to talk when Gareth busted in the room.

His nose was bleeding and the skin on his knuckles broken.

"That's it! I'm DONE with you people! Let's go pint size I'm gonna go teach your leader a lesson!"

He grabbed me by the neck and hauled me off the ground.

"Ow! What the hell!!" He and his buddy dragged me out of the room.

They took me all the way outside. My entire group was standing there, chained together. I looked to the side and they had Cameron separate. That is not a good sign.

"You all are mine now! You hear? There's no escaping us! There's no REBELLING against us! But I can't control you anymore, no, you're all too spirited. Maybe if I broke those spirits we'd be much better off."

He ripped his gun from his holster and held it up, throwing me to his buddy. The guy held my hands behind my back, and a nerdy dude came up to me, and put his hand on my neck. He moved it and then stopped.

"I found it!" He yelled.

Garret nodded began to aim the gun around. As he got closer to cameron I felt my heart beat increase.

"Getting stronger," the dude said. Now I understand, he's feeling my pulse to see when my heart rate rises, to see who Garett can shoot first.

I tried to slow it but I couldn't. He pointed it at cameron and five seconds later the man moved his hand off and signaled.

Garret pulled the trigger and shot cameron to the ground. I couldnt see where he was hit but I knew he was. With a all my energy I ripped my body from the mans hands, swiping a knife from his belt, and stabbed him. He fell to the ground, defeated. Garett grabbed Beth and held his pistol to her head.

"MAKE ANOTHER MOVE OR I SHOOT!" He yelled.

I didn't know how to go about my rebellion then. Until Rick helped. The entire group seemed to magically break free and Start fighting Garett's guys.

I don't think much about it, I just helped.

I saw Rick pull out a machete and hack away at Garret's life.

The fighting went on a while. After it died down, my group had conquered.
We were safe and free once again. Then I remembered Cam.