Chapter 21: Most of the Stars Are Aligned

Cameron and I made it back safely in good time. We got back in the middle of the night, ad we got to go to sleep.

I woke up the next day in a great mood, until I left my room. I put my stuff on and opened the door- to see Adam. Gross.

He's just walking out of his room, followed by Cameron. He sees me and comes up to me.

"Hey babe, I heard you went and got revenge on the dude that shot me. Thanks," he said, wrapping his arms around me for a kiss. I pushed past him awkwardly, glanced at Cameron, and headed downstairs for breakfast.

"What did I do?" Adam asked Cameron.

"I don't know," he replied, lying.

I came down to find everyone sitting in the living room. I got to the bottom of the stairs and everyone was looking at me.

"Did I forget to wear pants?" I said humorously. They laughed a little bit.

"No, but we need to talk," Rick told me.

"Okay talk," I said.

"You left us. You didn't tell anyone, or warn anyone that you were leaving. You didn't leave a note, nothing. That's not acceptable," he told me.

"Geez, you sound like my father," I said.

"Do I look like I care? You worried everyone! We thought you were dead!"

"Why does everyone always jump to that conclusion nowadays?" I asked them all, "surely you all knew I could take care of myself. Look I even got his gun," I said, pulling it out and showing everyone.

"Well, your safe now and that's all that matters. But next time, please tell someone."

"Didn't Cameron tell any of you?" I asked.

"No, he left with you."

"No he didn't. He followed me, and surprised me when I was done with my little revenge thing."

"Cameron," Rick looked past me, the two boys had made their way down stairs, "you didn't think to wake me up?"

"No sir, I did, but I figured if she didn't tell you, she wouldn't want me to either."

"Fine. Okay, everyone back to what you were doing." Rick instructed.

We all scattered. I went outside to get some fresh air. I had just stepped out the door when I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned, it was Adam. I moaned and pulled free of his light grasp, walking down the steps.

"Hey!" He said, "why are you acting like this? What's wrong?" He asked. I just kept walking. If he was at all guilty about his flirting with Beth, he'd have realized it by now and apologized.

"Don't you ignore me!" He said, his voice rising slightly. I just walked on.

"Stop!" He yelled, grabbing my shoulder and turning me around. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

By now, Cameron, Rick, and Daryl had come out to see what was going on. They watched from a distance.

I stood, looking away, waiting for Adams reaction. He spoke again. "Damn it answer me!" He yelled, striking my face. I fell to the ground, he'd punched me! That stupid douche punched me! The three came down the stairs and stood between us. Cameron helped me up, while Rick and Daryl kept Adam away from me. Cameron helped me to a car so I could lean on it, and looked at my face. Rick came over to us.

"What's going on?" He asked me. I felt my nose, it was bleeding. He'd made my nose bleed, he'd crossed the line. I pushed past Cameron and Rick, and walked over to Daryl and Adam. I pushed Daryl out of the way, and kicked Adam right in the crotch. He crumpled to the ground, cursing.