Chapter 7: Finally Settled

I woke up the next morning. I hadn't gotten a good sleep in a long time, not even last night. I laid there for a few seconds, breathing. It had been a long three days. What if I left? What if I picked up everything and vanished? Right then and there I made the decision to leave in the middle of the night, tomorrow.

I got up and put all my stuff back on. I sighed, and went into the lobby of the office. I limped into the room, all of them lounging and laughing about something, the room grew silent as I entered.

"Oh come on guys, don't let me ruin ur fun," I said hoarsely. I didn't feel good, I was woozy and lightheaded. I limped across the room, they had brought some cans of food up. I picked on up, but dropped it. I looked at it.

"Are you feeling alright?" Adam asked me, "you don't look very good."

"It's... Okay, I stuttered, "I'm fi-" just then I felt a horrible sickly feeling, an crumbled to the ground. I sat there dazed for a second. They all got up and came to me.

Adam looked in my eyes, "Katie, what's wrong?"

I regained consciousness, and reassured them, "I'm fine, I just felt really dizzy. It's okay." They all looked At me concerned. I smiled and got up.

"It might be because you haven't eaten in a long time. Here," Cameron said, handing me a can of peaches and a can opener.

"Thank you, you're probably right," I told him, opened the can, and started eating. I hadn't had food in maybe two days because of all these horrible events.

Standing there, looking around at this bunch of attractive, tough guys, I realized it. I was going to make it, I was going to be fine. But the longer I looked at them, the more I realized I had to leave. If I even remotely got attached to anyone, which was happening with Adam, it would be horrible if I lost him, or any of them for that matter. It was then I knew, I had to leave, and soon.