file thirty-two

[one month later]

[one month later]

They landed in Europe on that fateful day. They changed locations every week in Europe, going to new or old places they've visited before.

They weren't really enjoying life as fugitives from the mafia. They always had to run and wear disguises. They couldn't reveal to anyone but themselves about who they really were.

Uri was in the shower and once she finished, she left the water on and quietly opened the drawer to the hotel bathroom. She took out the pregnancy test and peed on the stick as instructed on the back of the box. She waited a couple minutes for the test to show and her eyes widened at the results.

"I guess we didn't use a condom," she whispered.

Uri shut her eyes tightly, her eyes burning. She never used a condom on the day Taehyung and she had sex. She sighed and turned off the water and closed the shower door, then she walked out of the bathroom after disposing of the pregnancy test.

"Hey, Taehyung," Uri called out as she ruffled her wet hair with a towel, "what are you reading?"

Taehyung threw the letter he was reading on the bed and rubbed his face with his hands. "They found us, Uri."

"What?" She stopped ruffling her hair and started to put on her clothes urgently after throwing her towels to the floor. "We need to go."

"There's no use," Taehyung commented, falling onto the bed. "They'll always find us."

"You can't give up now," Uri replied, stopping her packing to focus on him.

"Yes, I can. I haven't seen my father in almost two months and they're going to kill him, Uri. There's nothing left for me in this world anyway," he muttered, staring up at the ceiling.

Uri grabbed the letter from the bed and roamed her eyes over it.

'I told you we would find you. No matter where you go, you'll never truly escape us. We have allies all over the world. Keep running, because it's more entertaining for me. I'll be there soon to retrieve you, Lazuli. As for your boy toy, he'll die along with his father. You made the wrong choice by disobeying me.'

Uri clicked her tongue in annoyance. "I know what we have to do, Taehyung, but we need to go back to Korea."

"What? What the hell are you planning?" Taehyung asked, sitting back up on the bed.

"I'm going to turn myself into the police, the FBI, the government—whatever. I am going to do whatever it takes to put the people responsible for this in jail."