Chapter 12

Rana's P.O.V

This seriously can't be happening right now, I kept staring at my phone and wasn't sure what to do with this text. I can tell that Kate knew something was wrong but I can't tell her this she's still fighting this infection and if she stresses out more it could make her so much worse then she already is.

"Rana is everything okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"Definitely not a ghost. Just I have to get back, Zee has been texting and if I don't go now he will worry and that" I hate lying to her but this would hurt her and I need to sort this out myself.

"Oh okay well they're letting me go home tomorrow as long as I keep taking the antibiotics till this clears up. Wanna meet up for lunch or something?"

"Umm I'll let you know, I'm really busy with the food truck tomorrow so I won't be around. I'll call you or text you"

"Yeah, sure if you say so. I won't keep you any longer, Zee will worry so see ya." I could tell she was upset but I can't risk her health and I don't know what Sophie will do if I don't keep a distance. I left the room and I cried, seeing Kate so upset killed me inside but I got to do this to make sure she is safe and she'll be better off without me.

Kate's P.O.V

I am so confused right now. Rana is acting so weird and distant when a few minutes before she was fine and we were joking around and having a laugh, that isn't normal. I wanted to get to the cause of this and fix it. I called to talk to the doctor and she came in.

"Hey doc, am I allowed to go home tonight if I keep taking these antibiotics. I feel that I would relax more at home."

"Miss Connor, I would advise you to stay here but if you would feel more comfortable then make sure you go to your local medical centre and see a nurse every day to make sure you're okay."

"Yeah I will do that and can I discharge myself now?" the doctor nodded and went and got the paperwork and I signed them and got ready in my clothes and called a taxi to take me home. I'm relieved to be going home more than anything and I'm gonna stay at Dad's and Jenny's while they're not here, I don't wanna be around people at the moment.

No one's P.O.V

Kate had decided to go to bed and rest up so she was feeling better for the next day, this wasn't the case for Rana she was laying in bed wide awake looking at the text Sophie had sent her earlier that night. Rana got up and went downstairs and decided to think of different ways to make sure Kate was safe and so Sophie wouldn't do anything which would cause more trouble.

Through the night Kate woke up and checked to see if she had a text from Rana and like she suspected there was no text at all only a text from Sophie asking to meet her tomorrow but Kate replied saying I'm busy and can't meet up. She got some water and then went back to sleep.

Next Day

Kate's P.O.V

I woke up and I felt so much better than I had in days and I like having this energy, I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to make some coffee and I made myself some breakfast. I was gonna have a lazy day until Zee called me.

"Hey Kate, could you do me a favour please?"

"What is it, Zee?"

"I have to work a shift at the bistro today and I was supposed to be going out in the food truck with Rana today but I can't could you go in my place please it would mean a lot to me."

"Yeah, okay I'll do it for you but Rana and I aren't talking that much at the moment."

"Yeah, she seemed a little off when she got home last night. Well I'm gonna have to go and I'll see you at the van at say 11"