Chapter Ten: Trigger finger

Tommy's Pov

I aimed my sniper. Watching for Garnett's signal. I scanned the scene for Y/n. I saw men with guns come out of a room, and a man held Addy, a knife to her neck.  Garnett snapped and I shot one of the men he was facing.

My mind now on the task at hand. He got ready to snap again, but the man with Addy came forward. Mack instantly shot up from his spot. I heard gunfire and saw a gunmen shooting at us. I couldn't hit him, because I ducked. Garnett yelled something and they switched Cassandra and Addy. Addy was pointing to the compound. I couldn't hear though, the only words I heard, was danger and Y/n.

Garnett ran with Addy and I looked back at their men, the 'boss' nodded to someone and a couple men came from a room that the entrance was covered with sheets. One of them had my shirt. The one Y/n was wearing. I aimed at him, but a hand on my shoulder caused me to turn.

Garnett shook his head at me. As soon as we got back into town, Addy hugged me. "I tried.. 10k.. They have her.. And they plan to hurt her.." I clenched my fist. I whispered to her. "I won't let that happen."

-

Your Pov

I cried out in pain as he pushed me further into the wall, one of his hands around my neck, the other holding the knife on my stomach. "Just..Leave...th..em....out.......of....this...."

He chuckled. "You will suffer for making Mommy angry." I chuckled. "You.." We both heard distant music. He smirked at me, whispering into my ear.

-

10k's Pov

I stared at the men, as the Z's came through the gate. Suddenly, a snipershot went off and I ducked instantly, hearing the bullet fly past my head. I looked over through my scope, looking for the sniper that shot.

My heart stopped seeing her. Her cheek was bleeding, she was aiming at me. My finger was on the trigger but I couldn't fire. Seeing those cold eyes I fell in love with. Seeing the girl I fell I'm love with.

-

"Calmly pull the trigger. Lean into it and breathe. Hesitation will get you killed-"

-

A stinging on my cheek caused me to snap out of my daze. I put my fingers to the cut and saw blood. I looked back over at her. Knowing that was a warning shot.

I ducked to the side, aiming from a different angle and took out the guy at the 50-caliber. Then watched them leave, but I knew they didn't have her. I aimed again, this time so she could see me.

My eyes locked with hers and I put my finger on the trigger. "Come on Y/n.."

-

"Come on it's not That hard." I whined slightly. "You are impossible to hit! You never let me win!"  She chuckled as I came at her again. My pa was making me train with her in hand-to-hand combat. Said she had somewhere important to be in a few days.

It was like she slowed everything down the second I got close to her. She smirked, pushing my hand to the side with her arm, causing me to glide right past. I fell to the ground with a groan. "Why?"  She looked over, crossing her arms.

"Why what?"  I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why don't you give me some slack?" Her eyes glared down at me. "Do you think the enemy will come to your level? No. They will do anything to get your weak spot. In this case, you have a weak body. You can outthink anyone, but you can't do anything."

I started to pout and looked up at her. She smiled, one of the rare smiles, holding her hand out to me. I grabbed it, loving the softness of it. She pet me on the head, causing me to growl in annoyance.

My eyes looked up at her, seeing a tattoo on her left wrist. It had the roman numeral VI on it and the word "Seals" across it. She covered it, frowning. My eyes got wide as she began walking back to the house.

"You like the army or something?" She tensed, turning towards me with her arms crossed. Her eyes staring at the ground. "Yea.. Kinda" She averted her eyes and began walking again. Something told me she was lieing.

"How old are you?" She stopped in her tracks. "Me?" I nodded. "I'm 19." I bit the inside of my cheek.

Fuck. I'm falling for someone out of my league.