Chapter Twenty-Four

10k's Pov

I saw Doc roamimg the hallway. I stopped him. "Have you seen Y/n?" He shook his head. "Murphy disappeared not long ago as well." I clenched my fist. I ran to my room and grabbed my sling, running up the stairs. When on the fourth floor, I saw Murphy walking towards me. He was relieved to see me. "Hey-" "Where is she." He looked behind him in thought. "Bottom floor I think.." I shoved past him and ran down the stairs. I searched everywhere on the first floor but saw no sign of her. There were some loud groans coming from outside so I ran out there. A bunch of Z's were trying to get into the bed of a truck. There could only be one reason..

I started shooting every Z down until only a couple remain. I then mercied the last few with my knife. I ran over to the bed of the truck and saw an unconscious Y/n. She laid in a slight indent in the truckbed. I picked her up bridal style and took her to Doc.

Y/n's Pov

I felt something touch my wrist, and not knowing who or what it was, shot up, knife pointing at whoever. I blinked a couple times to see Doc with a scared look. I sighed, sheething my knife and groaning at my aching muscles. Doc's eyes softened. "Why were you out there?" I shrugged. "Just taking a walk." He didn't look like he believed me. The door opened and suddenly 10 ran in, embracing me. He muttered in my ear, sounding relieved. "You're ok.." I nodded, glancing at Doc like.... 'Can I leave?'

He chuckled and nodded. I stood up, but instantly whined in pain. 10's eyes searched me. "I think you need to sit back-" "No.. I'm ok.. Just.. Sore." He sighed and led me to our room leaving to go get something. I didn't realize how dark it had became until I got in and turned the lights off. I climbed into bed and tried stretching but cried out in pain. 10 ran in and checked on me. "A-Are you ok?" I put my hand on my shoulder. "Note to self.. Don't fall from the fourth floor." He sighed. "You could have died.." I smiled cheekily. "But I didn't."

He looked down sadly. I felt myself grow tired, my eyes closing slightly. 10k went to walk away, but I absentmindedly grabbed his wrist, looking up at him with pleading eyes. "Stay?" He glanced at the door and nodded. "Let me go lock the front door." I let him go as my eyes closed. The feeling of sleep overcoming me was peaceful.

10k's Pov

I smiled leaning against the doorframe of the bedroom. I walked over to my side of the bed and crawled under the blanket. Her face was turned towards me slightly, her body facing the ceiling. She shivered slightly and I pulled her by her wrist, so that she was against me. Her body turned to face me as she cuddled into my chest, her arms snaking around me. I blushed slightly, wrapping my arms around her, holding her close. She let out a satisfied but pained sigh.

I smiled down at her peaceful face. I really do love this woman..