My new stepbrothers

Prologue

Hi, I'm Katie Peterson and I live in a small town in Scotland, or I did at least. I'm on a plane at the moment away to the US to meet my new family, you might have heard of them there the Griers, yes Griers as in Nash and Hayes Grier the viners. But I didn't care about that anymore, I just want to be alone.

Almost a week ago something I never thought could happen, happened. It's still so insane to think that this time last
week they were all still here, my whole family, all my friends. But altos happened since then.

I was asleep when I first smelt the smoke, I was surprised I didn't notice earlier. First thing I did was scream.

No one answered so I figured they must all be outside, I could hear the sirens. I ran to my door and ran out, bad idea. There was smoke everywhere, I could barley see anything.

"Mum! Dad! MUM?!" I yelled but no one answered.

The entrance to their room and my brothers were gone, only fire remained. I ran down the stairs burning my feet on the way and ran to the door, it was like there was a path being made for me. As soon as I got out people were all over me, asking if I was ok, if I was hurt, where my family was.

That's when it hit me, they weren't outside, I just started screaming. They were dead, how could they be dead?!

I didn't want to talk to anyone much that night until a police officer said something that crushed me.

"Miss Peterson?" He asked

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry to inform you that this was not the only fire tonight, all your family's houses were set on fire too, no one survived, I'm sorry for your loss" he finished walking away.

I blacked out.

It hit hard the next day when I realised all my friends and family were gone, but what scared me the most was the fact I survived and that who ever murdered my family probably wasn't happy about that.

3 days later my social worker told me they found a family willing to foster me.

"Who is it? Where do they live?!" Were some of the questions I asked. She said they were the Grier family, that they had 4 kids Will, Nash, Hayes and Skylnn. I knew who they were of course which is one of the reasons I said yes to them, from what I could tell they were nice people and the kind you could trust.

Later that day Liz Grier Skyped me with Will to say hi and stuff, she was really nice and so was Will but I never did meet Nash or Hayes Or Skylnn.

And here I am today, with what little survived the fire in my suit case, a what lode of money from all my dead family members and friends and my blade, how I wish I could just make it all stop...

Hey thanks a bunch for reading!

I hope you like it and will stick around to read it!

I have big plans for this but I just wanted to get the back story out the way!

Bee xoxo