Prologue

(Play the song above)

"Promise me, that we will be best friend forever?"

"I promise. Best friend forever....."

I still remember the promise that I've made with her, Yang Xiao Long. I know her since childhood and we went to the Signal Academy together. We made a lots of memories during the time back there. I still remember during the first time I met her

-flashback 1-

I was playing as a soldier in the forest. Thanks to my father, I managed to blend myself with the surroundings by using the leaves and grass as my camouflage. I was hidding in the bush when someone shouted for help.

???: "HELP! HELP ME!

Immediantly, I ran towards the sound source and found a girl with lilac eyes and blond hair.

(Y/n): "Identified yourself!" I said while pointing my toy gun towarda her. She turned around and shocked when she saw me.

Blond girl: "P-Please, don't hurt me...." she said in scared.

(Y/n): "I'm not going to hurt you unless you identified yourself."

Yang: "Y-Yang Xiao Long..." As she said her name, I was thinking about the last name. Definitely she's Tai Xiao Long's daughter.

(Y/n): "What are you doing here, Yang?"

Yang: "I was taking a walk when I've lost my way.... I was scared that I could not find my way home..." As she said that, she began to tear up. I went to her and comfort her.

(Y/n): "Hey it's alright. I know your house. Let's get you to home now." I said and she nodded while wiping her tears. I grabbed her hand and we started to walk to her house.

We've reached at her house and make our way to the door. I knocked the door and someone opened it and it was Tai.

Tai: "Yang?! Where have you been? And who is this?" He asked to Yang.

Yang: "I'm sorry daddy... I've lost my way in the forest. And he found me and bring me home... umm, his name is-"

(Y/n): "(Y/n) (L/n), sir." I said and saluted him.

Tai: "Wait, (Y/n)? Is that really you?"

(Y/n): "Yes it is, sir."

Yang: "Daddy, you know him?"

Tai: "Yes. Daddy and his father were best friend since Beacon. But after graduated, he went for the SEAL. How's your father, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n): "He's fine sir. He just got back from his 4th tour at Mistral."

Tai: "Dangg I really need to hang out with him. Hey, how about you join us for tea time? Summer made some cookies."

(Y/n): "That would be great sir." I entered the house with Yang and Tai and make our way to the kitchen. I saw Summer still making cookies while Ruby sat on the chair, waiting for her cookies.

Tai: "Honey! Look who's here!" He said making Summer and Ruby turned their heads towards me.

Summer: "A boy with military clothes and toy gun? Wait, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n): "Yes ma'am. Thats me."

Summer: "My my.... You have a strong military personality there..."

(Y/n): "Thanks to my father who passed this personality to me."

Summer: "Like father, like son." She said, earning chuckles from Tai. "Anyway, the cookies are ready now. (Y/n), come and sit with us." I nodded and sat on the chair between Yang and Ruby. I grabbed a piece of cookie and ate it. God dammit that cookie was amazing! No wonder that Ruby ate 3 pieces at one time.

Yang: "Hey, (Y/n).." I turned my attention towards her. "C-Can you.. umm... be my friend?" She asked shyly.

(Y/n): "Yes we can, Yang"

Yang: "Really?!" I nodded and smiled at her. She then threw both of her fists to the air. "Yay! We can be best friend forever!"

Ruby: "I want too! I want too!"

(Y/n): "Yes Ruby. You also can be my friend."

Ruby: "Yaaaaahhhhooooo!"

We just sat their and finishing our cookies and tea. By the time I finished it, it was almost 7.00 p.m. I said to them that I have to go back home and thanked them for the cookies and teas. Yang waved at me happily and said goodbye when I stepped out from the house. After that day, we always spend the time together by playing board games, hide and seek, tags and other kid's stuff. I've became close with them, especially Yang.

-End of flashback 1-

Remembering that day always make me grateful that I've met with her.. I was one age older than Yang. So, I went to the Signal first. But without Yang, I was alone. I've met a lots of new friends but, there's no one that can replace Yang. She was the only very very very best friend of mine. But it all went back to normal after Yang came to Signal. Eventhough we're different by one year, we still hang out together. And I'll always stopped by at their house. As I recalled back the times during at the Signal, I remembered the time during her birthday.

-flashback 2-

(Y/n): "Happy birthday, Yang!" I wished to her while handing her gifts. It was a dog tag with her name carved on it and a shemagh.

Yang: *Gasp* "Oh my oum! Thank you, (Y/n)!" She said and hugged me.

(Y/n): "This is all that I can get tho.... I'm not really good in buying other people a gift..." I said while rubbing the back of my neck.

Yang: "Nahhhh it's cool. I got a dog tag just like yours!"

(Y/n): "Heh.. I hope you like it..." She then hugged me and I happily returned the hug.

Yang: "Thank you.."

(Y/n): "Anytime."

Yang: "(Y/n), promise me, that we will be best friend till the end?"

(Y/n): "Till the end. Best friend forever, I promise."

-End of flashback 2-

At somehow, I began to grow feeling towards her. I found her more than just a friend. Is this love? Am I fall in love with her? I want to tell her but I didn't get the chance. And one day, I came home and saw, my family has been murdered. My heart shattered into pieces and I can't hold my tears. Then, I found a note said, 'This is what you get when you fight the Shadow Company.' After that, I made a decision to hunt them. I have to leave everything behind, including Yang. But I hold to the promise that I've made with her. One day, I will met with her again. But is she still remember me? Or has she moved on? The question always keep haunting me. But no matter what, I will fulfill my promise with her no matter what the cost.

My name is (Y/n) (L/n) or known as Ghost, serve under Task Force 141, an elite unit specifically to hunt and bring down the Shadow Company. This, is my journey and this is my story.

(If the song still continuing, end it)

______________________________________________

(A/n): At ease my fellow operators. So, I've decided to make a new story of male reader insert after read a lots of it. Noted that I will use characters from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. In the next chapter, we will talk about you equipments, clothes, weapons and semblances. I don't know if this chapter is good enough or not but I gave it all from the bottom of my hearts. Sorry if there's a lots of grammar mistakes and misspelling. So, I hope that you guys enjoyed my story and also don't forget to read "The Operator", my first published book. So that's all for today. Have a nice day and stay sharp.

Mako 01, out.