The Rat Trap part 1

After putting on the dress and doing my hair, I was finally ready. I let my hair down and made it more curly. (The picture above is what she looks like now). I went downstairs to see Basil waiting for me. He had a sailor coat and hat on with a fake mustache. He stared at me while I went down the stairs. I started to worry. "D-do I look b-bad?" I asked. Basil shook his head. "No. You look lovely." I smiled and felt my heart beat loudly. "T-thank you." Basil held the door open for me. "Dawson is waiting for us." I nodded my head on thanks as I head out the door. Let's get Olivia back!

————————————————————————

We rode Toby all the way to the water front. Toby was sitting on the pier while we made our way to the pub. "Stay, Toby! Stay!" Basil whispers to Toby. Basil and I were making our way to the front door the Rat Trap when Dawson called out to us. "Uh, Basil?" Basil turns to Dawson's voice. "Come, come, Dawson." Basil said. Dawson was behind a pier column. "I feel utterly ridiculous." He steps out to reveal that he's wearing a bandanna, an earring, an eye patch, and a striped shirt that was way too short for him. He keeps trying to tuck his shirt into his pants without succeeding. "Don't be absurd. You look perfect." Basil said. Dawson looks at him as if he just said a bad joke. "Perfect? Perfectly foolish!" Basil shushed him as he opened the door to the pub.

I was starting to have second thoughts once I saw what the inside of a pub looked like. It seemed all of London's lowlife where gathered in one place. They were all smoking and drinking, some even passed out. A pianist was playing while an octopus was performing on stage. I saw a barmaid stroking a patron's chin, but when he puckered his lips in a disgusting way, she punches him so hard that it sent him flying from his chair. Basil strikes a match against a wall and lit his cigarette. "Shyla, Dawson... stay close and do as I say." He whispers to us.

He walked ahead of us and we followed, with Dawson copying his every move. Basil signals the bartender for service, with Dawson doing the exact same thing, raising suspicion. A knife suddenly lands in front of Dawson's feet and he stumbles back, knocking a women's chair forward. While this was happening, I felt someone grab my hand and turn me around.

I found myself face-to-face with a random lowlife who was completely drunk and had a creepy smile on his face. I tried to get his hand off me but I couldn't. "Hey, doll.~ Lets go somewhere private and have a little fun.~" I started to panic and tried to get him to let go but he had a strong grip on me. "I-I can't!" I said. "And why not?~" He asked. "B-because I..."

"Because she's taken!"

I looked and saw Basil behind the lowlife, looking angrily at the guy. He managed to release his grip from my hand and took me by the hand to the table where Dawson was already sitting. I was too scared to have a reaction to his hand holding mine. I sat between Basil and Dawson, Basil on my left and Dawson on my right. "T-thank you, B-Basil." I thanked quietly to him. "There's no need to be shy around us, Shyla." He put his hand on top of mine. "Especially me. Alright?" I looked at him straight in the eye and nodded. He smiled at my answer and I smiled back. "Thank you, Basil." I thanked. I was shocked. This was the first time I hadn't stuttered, not including my outburst, to anyone. Basil smiled even more. "Your welcome." I did something I haven't thought I would do again. I smiled to my fullest.

I thought I'd end this chapter right here during this sweet moment. Sorry it took me so long. I had a major headache. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you later!