XXI

S A V A G E

"And it's all just getting too much, like I'm one person, like what do they want from me" Mercedes kept rambling on about her issues from today as she paced back and forth in my room.

I laughed "Bae calm down"

She turned to look at me "Calm down? How in the FUCK am i supposed to calm down when my family is literally falling apart?!"

I shrugged "to be fair, this isn't your fight"

She scoffed "How insensitive and rude is that to say, that's still my family. And it hurts that my brother can't even talk to the woman that gave birth to him, nor look her in the eye"

"I'm sorry, come here" i told her, after realizing that my statement was harsh

She walked over and put her head on my shoulder as i wrapped my right arm around her "They gone be aight, your brother is going through his lil emotions right now, but he'll get over it, they all do."

She sighed " i hope so"

A U G U S T

"Aug, you didn't have to do this, a four for four woulda done the job" Miracle said as i assisted her into her chair at our table at La Boucherie.

I finally had some time for myself and decided to take Miracle out while im at it, i wasn't really planning on taking her to a five star restaurant while we were out her it sorta just came to mind when i found some time to breathe. She wasn't really dressed for a five star restaurant either but she looked beautiful either way, i really see her in my future.

"A four for four?" I asked, trying not to laugh

"Uhhhhh yeah" she said scooting her chair towards the table "that's like top 3 right there, especially when you're on a college budget, them 5 dollar boxes become your best friends"

"Well, you ain't gotta worry about none of that no more, you gone get whatever, whenever you want with me" i told her

she smacked her lips "boyyyy bye. you ain't gotta do all that" she said laughing "im a simple girl anyway, im not built for all this lavishness"

I opened my mouth to speak but then the waitress greeted us with our menus

"Like i said" i started "you can get whatever you want" i told her, looking at her scanning the menu.

"25$ just for a ceasar salad, oh my" she said "ummmmmm, you sure you wanna eat here, we passed a chipotle down the street"

"Miracle."

"Yes August."

"Shush. We're eating here and you could get whatever you want, if you want that salad, get 20 of em if that's what YOU want. but you thick as shit and i know you ain't get that thick off of salads, so don't play that trying to be cute shit with me, be yourself, you good shawty"

She sighed and looked at me before looking at the menu again "you been here before?"

"Yeah, almost every time i come to L.A" I chuckled

"What do you usually get? It's a lot of stuff on here that I can't even pronounce" she said with a questionable, yet cute face.

"Uhhh, it's usually what im in the mood for, but my top three is either, the porterhouse steak with their lobster, the fried rice and curry chicken, and oh yeah sushi, they sushi go hard" i explained to her

I looked up to see her in shock

"ummm im jus- just wowzers" she started "i guess ill try lobster, and their stuffed potato"