twelve

"You really want us to do this?" Yoongi asked Taehyung, surprise and worry mixed on his face. Hoseok stood besides him, scrolling though Taehyung's chat log with Ara.

Taehyung nodded harshly and eagerly. He was sure of it. Maybe it was just a random person to them, but he earnestly wanted to stay friends with Ara.

Hoseok scoffed, "That is not me."

Namjoon snatched the phone out of his hand and read whatever Hoseok was looking at.

"Yeah it is," he laughed.

As the phone was tossed around and each of the members read the log, Taehyung was growing impatient by the minute. Ara must've lost interest by now.

"Des," Jungkook started when he finished reading it.

"Pascito," Jimin nudged Hoseok with a grin on his face. In return, he scowled and shoved him away, "can't I just appreciate Spanish music without being teased for it?"

When the phone was handed to Seokjin, Jeongguk sighed and shook his head.

"What?" Taehyung desperately asked, afraid he would disagree with the plan.

"I feel bad for laughing at her now," Jeongguk bit his lip. "But it was funny. Cute girls falling. Funny."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, not wanting to respond to that, and instead turned to Seokjin to see his reaction. Seokjin was the one who made the final decision; fate rested in his hands.

He clicked the phone off and Taehyung watched him with suspense. Seokjin dramatically paused, giving everyone a stern look before finally speaking.

"Fine," Seokjin spoke, and immediately Taehyung cheered, reaching for his phone. Seokjin pulled it out of reach holding up his hand.

"But!"

A collective groan from the group. They knew where this was headed.

"You stop being late to practice, you actually warm up, you do the dishes and clean your room," Seokjin's demands were endless. Taehyung began to space out.

"AND," Seokjin's loud voice brought Taehyung back to earth, "if you really want to stay friends with this girl..."

Taehyung gave him his full attention.

"Why would you lie?"

Silence hushed over the group.

"If you ever want to meet her in person, you can't just fake it," Seokjin stared at him with sad eyes, "and what happens if she finds out? If she gets mad and scared you lied to her? She wouldn't want to speak to you ever again."

At the exact moment, his phone made a loud 'ping,' and Taehyung grabbed it from Seokjin's hand.

He read it out loud, " 'I'm joking about that. You don't have to add me to a group chat. It doesn't matter who you are, anyways.' "

Taehyung gulped and looked up at the members in confusion.

"What does that mean?"

Ara didn't notice the old man in front of the counter when his slammed his fist on the table for the third time.

Finally, when he yelled, she broke out of her trance and immediately bursted with apologies and began to ring up the random items.

He left furious, and Ara watched.

In honesty, Ara just wanted a friend. Sure, she had maybe two or three at college, but they only contacted her when they needed help or reminders for classes.

Nobody really texted her or called her. Her phone had deleted hate mail and voice messages.

Taehyung was the only person who texted her daily, and she was afraid of losing that. So, really, she didn't care who he was.

Unless he was lying.

Ara didn't care about whether he actually lived with his parents, or was a super famous global artist in an international group with soaring popularity.

Okay, maybe she couldn't even believe he was in BTS to begin with. It was highly unlikely, and every time the thought entered her head she would laugh at it.

Either way, it didn't matter. Taehyung made her laugh, and gave her strength, even if it was a little, and it helped her carry through the day.

She certainly didn't want to lose him.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she pulled it out with shaking hands.

"Let's just make a promise we'll stay friends no matter what, okay? Until then, can we stick with texts and phone calls? When we feel the time is right, we could meet," Ara read silently and smiled to herself.

She felt the same.