Epilogue

If you can imagine a happy ending for yourself, what would it be? 

Would it be a place of solitude, of quiet and peaceful days-- where the sun sleeps in the air and the breeze gently plays on the chimes outdoors? Would it be a world of never-ending surprises, thrills, and fun-- where life becomes something new every day? Or would it be whatever you want it to be, now and until it changes? 

Do you even want a happy ending? Do they even exist?

Ara's fingers brushed over the etched out words scribbled in pencil. She could tell from the lineweight and messiness of the words, how they look close to running off the paper or tearing into it and ripping itself apart-- that this was the breaking point. 

Her eyes were heavy, drooped with a weight that had been sitting on her heart for the longest time. It was always there. She'd be lying if she said it wasn't. It just grew and grew over the time. 

But, as it comes, sadness and disappointment to her turns into irritation and anger over the lack of understanding. 

Mixed emotions welling and twirling inside her, she folded the paper gently and attempted to smooth out the wrinkles from it being crumpled into a ball. It burned the inside of her hand as she held onto it making her way to the kitchen. 

There, she found him. 

Taehyung. 

Even in the early morning, like always, his apperance was breathtaking. From the first time she ever met him, and until now-- six years later. Not much had changed. 

The same, volumed and soft hair that made Ara wanted to comb her hair through it. The same slender backline that assured her safety and welcoming. The same smell of comfort. 

What had changed was below the surface. His eyes, once full of optimism and assurance seemed to have dulled. They no longer gleamed when discussing the future. Or more specifically, their future. Once Taehyung had been the one to chatter and rattle on endlessly about their future-- where they were going to go on dates, what their next song was to sing to each other cheesily on their anniversaries, when their next 'firsts' were. He never seemed to find the limit of it all. 

That is, until their 'firsts' were exposed. 

During their first months together, it was pure bliss and happiness. They held eachother at night and slept in each other's warmth, felt butterflies in their stomachs everytime they saw each other smile, felt the love in their eyes even if they were far apart. And it worked. 

Ara spent her time working under BigHit as did Taehyung. He, of course, loved what he did as Ara as well. She began her training through studying under the current writers, both journalists and conceptual storyboard writers. Eventually, she was steadily working up and gaining experience, becoming a rather well-versed journalist that would do public statements, news articles, and assisted with promotions for BTS. It was a prilvege for her, and maybe Taehyung as well, that the two of them often collided at work. If BTS went on tour, Ara would be shipped off with them-- whether it be at the request of Taehyung or not, it was still a precious gift dear to both them. 

And despite their careful planning, the constant glancing and looking over their shoulders for curious eyes, their six years together was unravled. 

Their first date at a boardwalk. Their first date under the stars at a beach. Their first date an art musuem. Their first date at a comic book store. 

Their first public hand-holding. Their first kiss in public. 

So much more. It was all public.