twenty five

Ara hung her head back, slouching in the seat and shutting her tired eyes. The math packet laid on the table fully complete, some of the papers torn and taped together again. Highlighters and loose papers were cluttering the table, the surface barely even visible.

"You good?" Taehyung stared at Ara looking lifeless.

It had been at least two hours, and nearly during the whole time, Ara was more than confused by Taehyung's quick writing and solving. And although he did answer with accuracy every single time, Ara would be quick to furrow her eyebrows at how that kind of answer was even possible.

It was frustrating to the say the least. Taehyung was so naturally quick witted, and no matter how many times Ara would grow irritated, he was always patient to walk her through it. Which made her feel guilty about being timidly upset at everything.

She eyed the packet wearily and looked back at Taehyung, whose face was a mix of both amused and concerned.

He looked entirely different then what she made him out to be through texts. Even more so than the cafe. There, he had hidden most of his face, but here, his face was entirely bare. His skin was clean and well taken care of, and she guessed it must've been a genetic blessing because there was no way an average person would have such glowing skin.

His eyes were, dare she admit, captivating in a way. They were wide and narrow; with a hint of excitement and trained focus. He was staring at her like a curious puppy, and it didn't help that the glasses he was wearing enhanced the effect.

"I'm okay," Ara finally said after some time, picking up her almost empty cup of mocha coffee and sipping the once-sweet bitter drink. Her stomach nearly rumbled. Of course, her body always betrayed her.

It had only been two hours since she last ate, and her stomach was acting as if it had been two days.

Taehyung hummed, beginning to clean up the table and stack the books. As Ara watched for a moment, she took advantage of the fact she wasn't preoccupied and began to study the room a bit more.

It was a medium sized space, nothing too small or too big. It looked homey, with lanterns and lights dancing around on the ceiling with warm reds and soft yellows. Of course, there was a control panel towards the end of the room with a small recording room. It looked similar to a plane's controls, random buttons and a large computer screen she could only fathom to understand.

She could see his personality shine through the decor in the room, well, from what she's noticed so far. There was a wall of photocards and polaroids, with little sticky notes with writing in between. Figurines from video games were lined against the desks and there were a few record tracks on display. A couch was almost a futon with a folded quilt and a pillow on it. Ara guessed that's where he spent most of his time like he had said.

Instead of awkwardly continuing to gawk at the room, Ara decided to join in on clearing up the table and started to pack away her pencils and books. She started to think about food, and almost regretted it.

No, no more embarrassing moments please.

"Do you wanna order something to eat?" Taehyung's question almost made Ara descend into a heaven. He was a mind-reader, she settled with.

"Yes," she practically said immediately, "please."

Taehyung smiled, her reaction making him laugh softly. He was hungry too, and if he were to be 100% honest, he wanted to run out and just hurry and buy anything and eat it right away. But, of course, he didn't want to seem too weird around Ara, so he refrained from doing that.

He picked up his phone and looked back up at Ara, "Do you have anything in mind?"

"Anything," Ara shook her head, "it doesn't matter. Just yummy."

His smile lifted and he began to make a call to a restaurant in mind.

--

After placing a quite large order, which he normally didn't do, him and Ara stared blankly at each other in a silence. They were both exhausted and hungry with nothing to do. It wasn't awkward or strange; the atmosphere was comfortable.

Ara thought meeting Taehyung in person would be more scary, with alot of hesitation and double-thinking. But it was the same through text. Taehyung was a calm and easy person to be around with, who also got rowdy at times, enough to balance everything out.

She was glad he never presented himself differently.

"So," his voice was teasing.

"So," Ara repeated, mocking his demeanor with a minor smile.

He paused, tapping his knee before speaking, "How would you like to listen to the soundtrack I'm working on?"

Ara blinked, "You were serious about that?"

"Yep!" he rolled his chair over to the large computer and started it up, the buttons starting to flash colors, "I have been working on it for a while now."

Ara followed him to his spot with her chair, her eyes trailing the flashing buttons and dials before landing on the computer screen.

He clicked around before opening a file, and on the screen came a familiar program she used to work with. There were many layers of sound, labeled randomly. It looked odd, but almost genius in a way.

"Play it," she nudged him, curious to hear it.

--

a/n

ahhh thank you guys for being so patient! lately ive been on and off with a writers block and sudden inspiration to write. there so much ideas for different fanfics and other writing i can barely even handle it.

i hope you guys enjoy this chapter! i hope to upload and update all three of my on-going fics either today or tomorrow.

ty for the support <3