Chapter 9

"Try me

"Try me."

Yoongi's eyes widened when he heard those words came out of Jungah's lips. Her mesmerising stare had him charmed and the way she slurred sounded sexy to him. At first, he just planned to tease her but it was just so tempting when his eyes landed on her red lips.

He smirked and got closer but stopped when she placed a finger on his lips.

"Did you think I'm like those other girls?" she chuckled, "I don't plan to be played, Min YoonGi."

Yoongi stared at her for a while and bursted out laughing. Jungah raised her eyebrow as she wondered what was so funny. He shook his head and placed his phone on the table as he sat down.

"I don't plan on playing with your heart, my author. I've told you before. I'm going to prove to you that chivalry isn't dead."

Jungah placed her chin on the knuckles which was supported by the elbow that laid on the table.

"Why are you so into proving it? I mean it was a drunk talk and you could've just ignored it."

"I just want to prove to you that happiness exists."

"Does it even exist?"

"That's why I want to prove it. I've read all your stories and it seems like you've only experienced love that brought pain. But you need to know that I've gotten my hands on that very first book as well. It made me really happy when I read it and I want you to experience such love again."

The book that Yoongi was talking about was the very first novel Jungah wrote. At that time, she just started writing and wasn't popular. That book wasn't a hit. In fact, it was not known to many.

"It's a failed book," she sighed.

"It's not to me. It's the best book I've ever read," he smiled.

"You are weird but interesting."

Yoongi should've been offended by her words but his heart decided to skip a beat instead.

"So, will you let me in?" he requested.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

It was rare for Yoongi to use his car. He only used it if he planned to get really drunk and hire a chauffeur to drive him back home. However, he drove back home without even having his lips touch a sip of liquor.

His previous plan was to get a drink at the bar and maybe spend the night with a girl or two. However, his plan immediately vanished from his brain after meeting Jungah at the rooftop.

He didn't know what it was about her that drew him in. She had left a really impactful impression when they first met and she was the author of his favourite books but she wasn't his type.