Chapter 13

Yoongi didn't like sitting in the lounge while his author and her 'friend' were talking in their office

Yoongi didn't like sitting in the lounge while his author and her 'friend' were talking in their office. He mumbled some incoherent words as he sipped the coffee that Jungah had bought for him so that he would patiently wait for her to finish her business.

The author had promised to eat lunch with him so he decided to leave them alone. He didn't like the way Hoseok looked at Jungah. Those eyes pissed him off and the way Jungah looked back at him...

Yoongi gritted his teeth and slammed the cup onto the table.

"I, Min Yoongi, don't plan on losing what I like to anybody."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Jungah stared at the pouting Hoseok. She had just explained to her friend how she ended up coming to work with the Seoul's heartbreaker when she was supposed to be searching for someone who would provide her with happiness.

At least, that was what she planned to do but never achieved in the end. Also, a pouting Hoseok was not helping to improve the situation.

"Hoseok..," she opened her mouth to finally speak but immediately shut it back when the sunshine glared at her.

"You slept with him! Are you out of your mind?!"

Jungah covered her ears to block the sharp noise. She whimpered in guilt and sulked.

"I was drunk..," she tried to give a reason but Hoseok wasn't having any of it.

"Jeon Jungah, I didn't come to work for a day and this is what happened!"

That was when Jungah realised something. The red mark on his face which was clearly recognisable as a slap.

"You really didn't come to work the entire day?"

Hoseok's mouth was left ajar as his thoughts got entangled. A minute ago he was fuming over his friend and now, he realised that he was in no position to be doing so.

"I... yeah..."

The situation became tensed and awkward - something none of them liked. They didn't wish to push the topic any further. It was a taboo topic but Jungah ended up blurting it out.

"When are you getting married?"

"Jungah, we promised not to talk about it."

"If I am the reason for the delay of the wedding, then you should snap back to reality."

"What are you talking about?"

Jungah stared right into Hoseok's eyes and both of them didn't avoid the contact.

"We both know... It's a hopeless love for us."

••••••••••••••••••<Flashback>••••••••••••••••••