Chapter 18

The moment Hoseok entered the cafe, Biseok hid behind Jungah

The moment Hoseok entered the cafe, Biseok hid behind Jungah. Hoseok stared guiltily and stood awkwardly at the entrance. Jungah noticed the tension between those two but didn't know what actions to take to ease the situation.

Fortunately, Seokjin came out at the perfect timing.

"Want some cake instead of blocking the entrance?"

Hoseok gave a sheepish smile while Biseok's eyes sparkled when he heard the word 'cake'.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Jungah and Hoseok shared a table while Seokjin led Biseok stay at the counter and fed him the cake. It was actually a distraction so that the two friends could have a time together.

"Looks like your son had really grown," Jungah was the first to break the silence.

Hoseok looked up at her but Jungah was staring at Biseok.

The way the boy was giggling and the way his smile radiated the entire room warmed her heart.

"He's just like you," she added.

"Jungah.., I didn't mean to hide him away."

"I know," she sighed and gave Hoseok a warm smile, "Times are hard, sunshine. It's okay to keep a secret or two."

Hoseok stared at his cake with a frown. He had never been the good father. He always left him with the housemaid. Hae was busy with her own company and his father had to take care of his own. Even when, he was back at home, he didn't spare a glance at the child. He didn't mean any of those but it just ached his heart whenever he saw the little boy. It reminded him of that dreadful night where his life shattered so easily like a piece of glass.

"Biseok needs a better father," Hoseok swallowed his saliva thickly. It was hard to form words.

"What's a better father than his own?"

"You don't understand, princess. I'm not capable-"

"Then, learn to be one," she cut him off.

She continued, "A certain someone told me that it's important to spend the time together or you will regret it in the future."

Hoseok processed those words and glanced at Biseok who was playing with Seokjin. He wondered if he was really capable of such role.

"Think of how Hae stayed with you," Jungah reminded.

Hoseok's eyes softened upon hearing his fiancée's name.

"I'm not the one for you, sunshine. You know how fate plays and love fades but hers never wavered a slight bit. I want you to reconsider everything. She didn't do anything wrong. Neither did your son."