Chapter 16

Jungah stayed alone inside her studio

Jungah stayed alone inside her studio. She had her laptop switched on and words bouncing on the screen. The sound of the keyboard sounded lovely to her ear. It meant that she was doing something productive and her story would be completed soon.

She had completed the other a while ago and she was working on a new one. She never expected her hands to work this quickly on a new project. The plot was still undecided but the feeling was there.

She poured her creativity out in the form of words that were displayed on the square screen. She took a break to grab a coffee but stopped her tracks midway when she saw Namjoon standing at the doorway.

She raised her eyebrow.

"Do you need something, Mr. Kim?"

"I was wondering how you know Min Yoongi."

"Whoever I have acquaintance with, does it matter to you?"

"Look, Jungah. I know I have done a grave mistake but I'm just concerned. He's famous for-"

"Isn't that my problem?" She cut him off.

Namjoon's words failed to roll off his tongue. Guilt and frustration filled up inside of him and he wanted to desperately convince her that she might end up heartbroken. But who's fault was it in the first place?

He sighed, "Jungah, can't I be concerned as a friend?"

Jungah remained quiet. Silence took over the office and Namjoon continued his sentence.

"You can blame me for everything but you shouldn't let your feelings engulf you. You know how easy it is to fall in love but difficult to fall out of it. You will always desire for your first love no matter how long it had been."

Jungah took in his words and chuckled. Namjoon stared at her in confusion as he didn't know what was so funny about it.

"Did you even know who my first love is? Even if it was not you, did it give you the rights to cheat?" she scoffed and put on a straight face despite the aching heart.

"I..."

"Enough, Joon. Just tell me where Hoseok is. I've completed my draft and I need sunshine to edit it."

"Mr. Jung didn't come to work today. He has family issues."

"Oh..."

"Are you alright, Jungah?"

She snapped out from the thoughts and cleared her throat to maintain her composure.

"I'm fine," she lied.

She couldn't understand her feelings that were tangled up. Her heart that had been wrecked several times. She wondered if it was comfort she seek or the gap to fill in. She didn't want to confuse her feelings. She knew herself the best. It wasn't the comfort she was seeking for.