Part 15

" Their waking up." A gruff voice says over my head.

"Thank goodness." Sid says some where by my feet . Hands stroke my forehead . I sigh groaning my head throbbing and my whole body feels like it was run over then chewed and spit out .I also felt muddy and dirty . " Crystal its me Sid. Open your eyes."I felt his hand run gently over my face. 

" Are they OK ?"Lizzy asks worried for us. As both of us are her friends also she Sid's mate so our beta . 

" He will be ok ,her healing ability is messed up those wounds aren't healing as they should . But Hayden has found no toxins in her blood or nervous system to speak of so it doesn't make sense." The rough voice answers them back clearly baffled at my healing . 

"As Leon is recovering you're going to help the pack Alpha Red.?"  

" Indeed my son needs a hand so I'm going to help him out . Please just call me Red as I'm no longer an alpha . " He says quietly. " I'm sorry to kick you out you two from her room but we need to do more tests on her." He guides them out and shuts the door on them. Red gently feels my wounds and lets one of them open up so he could take blood samples for Hayden. 

" Crystal ... can you answer or are you still out cold ? "  Leon's voice gently lights up my mind with warmth .

" I ...-an hear ...you.."  I reply back gently still not fully awake in my mind as drugs keep me under so I don't feel the pain of my apparently big injuries. "Where are we this place doesn't smell familiar ?" I begin trying to move but realize I can't feel my limbs . I realized I'm still pretty drugged.

 Don't try to move you'll reopen your injuries . I coming for you as I'm awake and I feel you growing scared .This place is not our pack hospital it's somewhere else. "  I hear the anger in his voice it makes me calm down a little . "State when no one is in the room. Mine is empty." 

" Yes will do but before you freak out there is a guy named Hayden here and your father also ." I do my best to use my other senses to see if I was restrained or just bandaged thickly.I let Leon feel through me as the drugs wear off. The pain starts from my finger tips and slowly travels up my body . I begin gasping for breath as the pain comes in waves.

" She's waking up not good we need to give her pain killers again. I finally know what is causing the healing process to slow somebody has been giving her sliver powder into her food. It has to be it's the only explanation I have ." The voice thats Hayden's says near by .

" Thats impossible how if so then why wasn't I affected .Unless...oh great I just thought of something one of the girls in the pack works in the kitchen and  has told me countless occasions she doesn't like you and that I should of went with the cheerleader from high school . But where would they get sliver powder here it's banded cause of it's poison quality to us ." Leon ponders in our head space. 

"It's virtually impossible we are on pack land no one is allowed to have it . " Red say's growling slamming his fist lightly on the desk . "Everyone is screened into coming into this area . Even humans." He growls softly conveying his frustration . " To poison their alpha's mate is sacrilege."

" I agree ." Hayden says moving around the room he places a needle into to my i.v drip line depressing it into it. 

" Leon I'm sorry but the effects of the drugs are going to put me out again . "  I say in my head as though my eyes are closed . I feel the drugs clouding my mind vision .I feel like a gentle stroking sensation thorough my mind .

 " Shhh don't worry I am awake and will come to you shortly just sleep right now your going to need all the rest you can get . Your body needs to fight the sliver in your body . I'm headed to your room now . "  Leon's voice caresses me calming me down .I begin to doze as his voice grows muffled . " Dad? " Leon steps into the room where I lay ." Where is she . " His voice quavers with emotions. His dad walks out of the back room his face grim. Hayden's expression was not much different .

" Her chances are slim to say the least sliver has penetrated her blood stream .We just stopped from reaching her heart . We are taking all her blood out at the moment and replacing it with with Wolf Bane laced blood . I don't think you want to see her son . " Red stops Leon from peeling back the curtain to where I am . Leon begins to rumbles low in his chest and the growl travels through out his body . He his eyes widen at the sound coming from himself he stares at his father in amazement. His father just nods and only twitches little reacting to the force of Leon's growl." Enough your alpha blood is reacting to me stopping you .Tone it down please or I will react in kind." Red just gently holds Leon back his voice turning mildly commanding . Leon does the best to cut the growl off . He takes deep breathes and finally calms down ." Thank you. I understand the wolf part of you though I growl if someone would keep me from your mother . "he pats Leon's shoulder and stands up straight . 

" Please let me see her ." His voice comes at a strangled whisper desperate to get to me and comfort me.His father sighs .Hayden pulls the curtain back to reveal me. Leon rushes forward and sobs . My body covered in thick layers of bandages and tubes and wires hooked to me a oxygen covers my nose and mouth. The only unwrapped part of me was my face, hands, and feet.His body brings him over to me on it's own he clutches onto my hand and tears begin streaming down his face. 

"Don't cry. I'm still in your mind Leon . I'm going to fight to come back to you .Lord willing I will live . "   My thoughts loudly say in his mind. He nods his head and leans his head gently on my stomach and prays .After he does he gets up and wipes his tears. His father gives him a gruff hug and he leaves. 

"Yes I'll stay in your mind and go through this with you .Every minute I will be with you." he says determinedly ." We can play games ect to pass the time while I'll work and recuperate from my own wounds . "