Sing For Me 3

After the song, Carlos joked around with a few people who congratulated him. Even Ian, who saw that he was my date, cheered for Carlos.

Ian gave him another handshake then left. That was my chance to go up to Carlos. I was still stuck with the impact Carlos' voice made on me.

"Hey! Omg! That was amazing! I didn't know you could sing like that!" I gave him a high five. For some reason, I was really happy, I couldn't believe how much that song cheered me up.

"Yeah, only a few "chosen ones" know." His laugh was melodic, just like his voice.

"You want a drink? I'll get you a drink." He started to walk towards the food table but I reached for his arm to stop him.

I wanted to know more about him. Something inside myself told me that he was gonna be a good person to talk to. Someone who'd be there for me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Uh, no. I'm not thirsty. Do you... just wanna talk?"

He loosened up and smiled. He sat in the nearest table and scratched his cheek.

"Uh sure, is something wrong? Did I say something?"

I sat down and reassured him that nothing was wrong. "No, you didn't. I just thought that if we're at prom together, we should at least get to know each other more."

He laughed and started playing with the table cloth.

"Well, I have straight A's, school is important to me, my last name is Garcia, I love my family, I've got a younger brother, I can drive, and... I think you're cute."

Okay, wait. What did he say? Did he just say I was cute? That seriously caught me off guard. But surprisingly, he gave me butterflies.

"Oh... um... okay, I have 5 A's and I C, same feelings for school, my last name is Sanchez, I love my family, I live with my mom, I'm filipino, I am an only child, and... I think you're cute too."

He stopped playing with the table cloth and crossed his arms. Carlos raised his eyebrow and looked at me full of thought.

"What are you thinking about?" What if I was boring?

"Hey, my friend Ian invited me to a pool party next week. Do you wanna come with me?"

I hesitated to answer at first. Ian was my ex and the reasons why we broke up were intense. But I couldn't say no to Carlos. It was the least I could do for letting Sam drag him into coming here.

"Okay, sounds like fun." I hoped it would.

"Hey guys! Why are you just sitting around?" Sam patted my head and pulled Carlos up. "You guys should be dancing!"

"We should." Carlos reached for my hand and walked me through the dancing crowd and put his arms on my waste.

"I think we should have fun now, and talk later." Carlos brushed some hair out of my face and started dancing.

"So when exactly is the party?" I was still a little worried about the party.

"Next Saturday. It's gonna be at his house, I'll pick you up at 1, is that okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. You gonna swim?"

He gave me a little grin and scratched the back of his head. "I guess, it is a pool party."

I used both of my pointer fingers to give him a little push. "Well, I'm sorry, Mr. Smartass!"

Both of use laughed in unison. We really clicked.

Back in the limo, the boys sat across from the girls. The guys were falling asleep while Sam took off her heels.

"Sam, I need to tell you something." I hoped Sam would be quiet about what I was going to tell her.

"What?" She asked.

"Carlos asked me if I could go with him to Ian's pool party next week."

"Oh my --"

I covered Sam's mouth before it woke up Zeke and Carlos.

I removed my hand from Sam's mouth and shushed her.

Sam whispered, "Does he know that Ian's your ex?"

"I don't think so. He asked me like he didn't know our history."

Sam's eyes widened, "So, are you going or not?"

"Well, it's the least I could do for letting you drag him into this whole prom thing."

She scratched her cheek and smirked a little.

"What?" she asked.

"I think you're starting to like him... I mean, really like him. You know Jess, you should just ask him out already. There's no denying how much you guys totally clicked earlier."

I shook my head, I knew for sure that I didn't have any feelings for Carlos.

"I don't like him, I told you. I'm just doing him a favor."

Before Sam could answer, her phone rang. She answered it irritated. I decided to drop our conversation.

Looking back at Carlos, who was now asleep, I thought about tonight and realized Carlos and I did get along.

I smiled to myself as I closed my eyes, blockig out Sam's voice.

-----------------------------------

Please Comment(: