Chapter 20 Changes are in order

After sitting in the sitting room floor with a very unresponsive Ellenore for the entire weekend, Severus finally managed to break through her mental blocks. She stopped stroking Mrs. Norris and brought her hands to her face. Draco knelt on the floor beside her and pulled her into his arms.

“Shhhh, darling it’s going to be alright. We’ll get through this together,” soothed Draco as he held and rocked on the floor with Ellenore in his arms. “I just can’t understand this, Draco. Why did I have those horrible visions while I was pregnant with our child? Why now that I’m no longer pregnant, do I not have the visions? It’s just too disturbing,” said Ellenore as she was helped from the floor by Draco.

“Ellenore, you’ve been through a lot. Perhaps you should take a nice relaxing bath and then we can find a way to help you find the answers,” suggested Severus. Ellenore nodded and walked slowly into the bedroom with her hand on her head. “How did you break through to her,” asked Draco as he watched his wife rummaging through her trunk for something?

“It wasn’t easy. I’m not quite sure what exactly happened to make this happen to her, it’s a pity that Minerva hasn’t been able to find Professor Trelawney. She’s always had a way of putting Ellenore in a comfortable mental state,” said Severus . Draco left Severus to his thoughts and went into the master bathroom to check on Ellenore.

“Draco, you don’t have to watch me twenty four hours a day. I’m fine,” said Ellenore as she soaked in the steaming hot bubble bath.

“Darling are you certain about that,” asked Draco as he knelt on the floor behind her and started rubbing her shoulders?

“I’ll be fine Draco, I just have to speak with Professor Trelawney,” she said as she reached for the shampoo.

“Elly, Professor Trelawney left Hogwarts early the day that you fell down the stairs,” said Draco as he took the shampoo from her and started massaging it into her hair.

“What, Trelawney is gone,” asked Ellenore as she sat up pulling her wet hair out of Draco’s hands?

“Have you ever known me to lie to you, Elly,” asked Draco with a serious tone in his voice?

The next day Ellenore still didn’t feel emotionally able to handle teaching any classes, so Severus continued teaching in her place. She sat alone in her office deep in thought for a while, then summoned Blinky to her side. “Blinky is here Mistress,” said the elf as she bowed.

“Blinky if Professor Trelawney has been gone, who has been teaching divination,” asked Ellenore as she got to her feet?

“Headmistress has asked the centaur, Firenze, to teach Divination classes for the time being,” said Blinky.

“Blinky take me up to the divination tower,” ordered Ellenore as she took Blinky’s hand. Blinky apparated Ellenore directly into the deserted divination classroom, and Ellenore stood still taking in the atmosphere.

The normally hot room was cold and the usual smell of incents was nonexistent. She walked slowly over to the overstuffed armchair that Professor Trelawney would always sit in and sat gingerly in the chair. She was always able to get vivid images from items that were well used by the people who used them on a regular basis.

As Ellenore relaxed in the chair she got an instant vision of Trelawney’s last thoughts before she left the school. She quickly arose from the chair with a determined look on her face and slowly used her cane to get over to where the crystal balls were stored. She reached out and slowly ran her hands over the cool dusty surface of an abandoned crystal orb and gasped as another vision flooded into her mind. She pulled away and called out to Blinky whom was standing in a corner watching her mistress curiously.