Chapter 14 Her Shattered Hart

A week before the start of term, Draco was awoken to the sounds of Ellenore’s terrified screams. He jumped from his bed, grabbed his wand and ran across the hall and into her room. Once he entered the room, he cast a quick, panicked glance around to find the cause of her distress. Seeing nothing out of place, he moved quickly to her bedside and attempted to wake her. Ellenore seemed not to hear him calling her name. She thrashed madly and started screaming out in her sleep.

“NO, NO, I DON’T WANT THIS. DON’T. PLEASE STOP!” she screamed. Draco sat gingerly on the side of her bed and reached to give her shoulder a gentle shake.

“Ellenore, you’re dreaming. Wake up, darling.” he said as he shook her. As Ellenore felt his hand on her shoulder, she instantly calmed, wrapped her arms around his and rolled over, pulling him over her sleeping form.

“Don’t leave me, Draco. I need you to hold me.” she said in her sleep. Draco chuckled softly and pulled his hand from her grasp. The instant that he had, she started thrashing and moaning in her sleep again. Draco placed a hand on her forehead to move her hair out of her face and she grew quiet under his touch once again. He looked around the darkened, purple room with all of its girly details. The shelves on one wall were filled to capacity with lovely dolls with their large eyes watching his every move. On the other shelves were loads of books of all kinds.

The books could be ignored, but the dolls and their eyes that seemed to follow him he found truly unnerving. Making up his mind on a course of action, he threw back the tangled sheets and blankets and lifted Ellenore from her bed. Then, he quietly carried her back into his bedroom and laid her tenderly in his own bed, drawing the silk sheets up to her chin.

Once he was certain that she wasn’t going to scream again, he quickly ran back to her room and collected her wand and some clean clothing for her to wear the following day. As he opened the top drawer of her dresser and looked down into it, he was shocked to find that all of her unmentionables were black, white or various shades of green. He reached in and pulled out a lace, olive green bra that was secured to a matching pair of knickers. Merlin’s beard, he thought to himself as vivid and very arousing scenes started to flood his mind. He shook his head to rid it of the sexual thoughts and grabbed a pair of silk stockings before leaving the room.

Ellenore was sleeping peacefully when he returned to his room. He waved his wand, casting a locking and silencing charm on his bedroom. Having the set of rooms that was next to his parents was unfortunate should she start screaming again, waking them. Not to mention what they would think if they found her in his bed. They knew that he loved her and that they had been dating for a long time, but the idea of either one of them seeing them in bed, no matter how innocent their intentions, would cause uproar.

He placed her clothing on his trunk at the foot of his bed and placed her wand on the nightstand by her head before walking around the bed and slipping under the sheets with her. He lay awake for a while, wondering why she had stopped her distressful screaming when he had touched her. He rolled over and leant on his elbow to watch her sleep. His lips curved as he watched a serene smile spread across her face. A soft giggle escaped her lips.

“Draco, that tickles.” she whispered in her sleep. He settled himself and rested his hands behind his head, gazing up at the dark green canopy of his four poster bed. All of a sudden, Ellenore rolled over and snuggled close to him, resting her head on his chest. She wrapped her free arm around his body, holding him closer to her. Draco slowly lowered his arms and wrapped them around her before finally falling asleep.

The next morning, Draco rose early and went to take a shower. As he stepped into the water, which was still very cold, he shivered slightly and ran his hands through his hair, moving it from his eyes. He had dreamt about her last night. The stiffness of his cock was evidence of the type of dreams that had run rapid through his head.Gods, if only she knew the effect that she had on me, he thought as he carried out his ablutions.