Chapter 1 (Former: 1 and 2)

2 years later

Sounds of fireworks and celebration filled the streets of Palmore city. The people were busily bustling here and there to experience several booths. Their voices and conversations were heard in a hubbub.

In one particular location lay numerable students managing their booths. Some of them wore uniforms and others wore different set of clothing. However, there were similarities found between those who were wearing uniforms and those who weren't.

They had one medal pinned on them.

There was a large number of people wearing the first  three colors of the rainbow and if you search enough you could also spot some of them wearing green and blue medals. But these people were rare and mostly had followers behind their backs.

Hailey Chasel, a 16 year old female student was currently frowning in displeasure. She tried to wipe the hot coffee spill on her chest. She glared at the culprits who accidentally dirtied her uniform.

"You should've known your place. When we said move, then move! Think you could just catwalk right in front of us?"

Hailey didn't know what to do except grit her teeth and knelt down to fix the things she had been holding. She cursed how the world functions. The road she had been walking was a narrow one. She had been holding 4 large boxes in stacks which left her with little sight to see what was in front. When she arrived at the end of the road, she was block by a group of female followers. In the middle of the group was a girl, with about the same age as Hailey, who(m?) was wearing a green medal pinned on her hair.

One of the followers threatened Hailey to make way. But what can Hailey do? Move backwards? Obviously not as the end of the long narrow road was already in sight.  Hailey asked whether she may pass since the things she was currently holding were heavy. But, she did not expect to receive a slap on the stacks she held, making them fall. One of them answered her with a splash of hot coffee liquid that targeted her uniform . Even her red medal wasn't spared

She let out a muffled groan and placed her sight at the troublemakers. She gave them a hoarse apology before gathering her stuff and hurried away towards the opposite direction. She went back running towards the road she had come from.

The group of girls gave her disappearing back a disdaining look and a harrumph. Their expressions suddenly went reverse as they beamed a bright smile towards the girl with the green medal.

She smiled at them as if she was a queen proud of her subjects. "Good job taking out the trash" she said and led the group towards the narrow road with her chin held-up high.

--

"Hailey? Is that you? How come you're back? Weren't you supposed to deliver the stocks?"

Hailey was bombarded with questions as soon as she came back. A woman in her 20's helped Hailey put down the messy boxes. She had a yellow medal pinned on her dress.

Their stall was not extravagant like all the others but instead it was small and simple. They sell written literatures, novels and other related materials.

"I'm sorry leader, there was trouble" Hailey said while wiping the sweat off her forehead. She breathed in deeply to catch her loss of breath. The woman noticed Hailey's smudged uniform and pinpointed it. Hailey gave her a bitter smile as an answer and at the same time turned her sight towards the group of girls that have just emerged from the narrow pathway. The woman followed suit.

The ladies noticed Hailey and gave a snort. They turned their heels towards the opposite direction as if staying in the same spot as Hailey was obnoxious.