Chapter 12 (Former: 34, 35, and 36)

FORMER CHAPTER 34

Hailey received the product with an indifferent expression. She tucked the marble inside her pocket and walked away.

When she was out of sight from the stall, she let out an excited smile. Hailey quickly went inside a desolate alleyway and studied the mud-covered marble. She scratched the surface to take away the mud and was puzzled that no matter how much force she applied, the dried mud wouldn't budge.

"Master, this mud is not ordinary. To take it off, you must acquire a level 5 [lemonsquirt] and a cup of concentrated essence water." The voice of the spirit of the key resounded in Hailey's head.

Hailey responded with a wry silence. Even just one of these ingredients was expensive enough to let her life savings seem petty in comparison. How could she afford both?

"How in the world am I gonna get all these?" She sighed inwardly.

The spirit heard her and replied. "Master. I have a last cup of the latter. All you need to find is a level 5 [lemonsquirt] fruit"

Hailey's eyes brightened when she heard this. But, she felt skeptical whether the marble was really worth the price.

The spirit, as if hearing her concerns, consulted Hailey. "Don't worry master. I assure you that even a thousand sets of these ingredients cannot amount to the object you're holding now. You can store this object inside the key for safekeeping"

The young lady let out a nod. "How come this object is so valuable? What is it?" She asked after storing away marble to the key.

The spirit was silent for a moment before speaking. "I am 90% sure that marble is genuine. However, its function is still hovering between two choices and I'm afraid I can't tell you just yet"

Although Hailey was curious, she understood and did not pursue. She then left the alleyway to find a skill or a spell book. Albeit back in the red mountain there was a library for such books, it was severely limited and the quality was mundane. Plus, not everyone can learn it since there are factors needed such as talent, aptitude and skills.

The young lady was manuevering her way towards the crowd while scanning the every skill or spell book she may find.

Finally, her eye caught a noteworthy one so she zoomed in towards the store that sells it.

The store was managed by an old woman. There were customers who were also interested in her products and wanted to buy them at exorbitant prices, however, ironically, they ended up being chased away instead.

"I told you! I don't accept chips! If you can make this crystall ball glow by giving valuable information, then perhaps I might consider! If not, then scram!!"

FORMER CHAPTER 35

"Get your f*cking a*s out of my store!" The old lady shooed away the two customers in an offensive manner.

Hailey swerved out of the two scramming people's path before she entered the store.

The store's ambiance was actually pretty good. There wasn't a speck of dust on the sparkling clean floor nor was it there on the showcased products. The lighting was lovely and the furnitures gave off a warm and welcoming aura.

The old woman took a seat and noticed Hailey. She gave an indifferent glance at her before she motioned her hand to let Hailey look at the rules, then the prices of the products.

When Hailey read the rules. Like what she overheard, to buy this store's products, you need valuable information as an exchange.

How valuable your information is depends on the crystal ball's results after judging it.