Prologue

The dark sky mourned along with a young female as she held a lifeless hand. Her tears were camouflaged by the weeping rain. Her soft hands were trembling and she let out grieving cry.

She did not pay any attention to her clothes that were covered in mud and blood nor the several corpses in the vicinity.

To her there was only one person who existed at this moment.

She desperately called for the person she sadly held.

To come back to life.

She gently hugged the cold silhouette while feeling her heart rapidly tearing apart.

The rumbling clouds made way for the moonlight to shine on the girl's spot.

A young male that was bathed by his own pool of blood appeared. His white clothes were tattered and a long sword could be seen pierced on his chest.

His eyes were shut closed and a small smile formed on his lips. His expression was of relief and sadness.

Before long, several silhouettes could be heard zooming in. It wasn't long before a troop, wearing similar armors and insignia, came close to the girl's spot. Most of them were injured and some had their limbs sliced off.

"Milady! T-the prince...!" The soldiers were filled with incredulous expressions when they caught sight of the boy's corpse.

"Everyone" The young female called to them without taking her gaze off the young male "Please tell 'Your Majesty' that I have lost the qualifications" The girl closed her eyes and suddenly everything around the area floated and glowed with a golden light. A large magic formation circle appeared beneath their feet.

"MILADY! DON'T!" The troop cried with alarmed expressions. They knew what she was about to do.

A large amount of pressure and wind was swirling around her as she did profound gestures. Her hair was whipping and her body let out a soft golden glow.

"I'll sacrifice my future and potential for you. Let us meet again in our second lives" She said and unexpectedly, a massive vortex appeared right above her. Threads of light could be seen as the vortex absorbed the strands from the girl. She was gradually fading away and before she could truly disperse, she glanced a loving smile at the young male who was also turning illusory and was glowing.

"I love you" She said with a gentle smile and finally disappeared from the world.

Shockingly the young male was revived and opened his eyes. He saw the girl's final moments before she dispersed. He shed a sad drop of tear and replied to the spot where the young female once was.

"I love you too" He whispered and turned into a strand of light that flew away at maximum speed.

In an area in which wasn't visible to just anyone, a grand castle could be seen floating in the sea of clouds. A strand of light penetrated the walls and went inside the womb of a woman.

"My son died, but because of her sacrifice, he'll live another life again. A life where his past memories are still intact" She said with a poignant expression as she gently caressed her womb where a new life was growing.

--

In a far-away place where a little house stood, was a joyous man happily jumping up and down and a teary wife smiling in ecstasy.

"Finally! We're going to be parents!" The husband said after his wife told him the good news of her pregnancy.

They were an old couple which was already married for 10 years. But until now, they were never blessed with a child even though they never gave up and did IT once a month.

But they can now finally bathe in the true happiness of being married which was...

Having a family of their own.

--

Several months later, a frail baby girl was born.

Years later, her parents were filled with worry cause the little girl almost spends her time in a daze and mostly never utters a sound. She rarely smiles and laugh. She also doesn't cry and gets angry. She was a placid person and almost doesn't have anything that interests her. Toys, dolls, playthings---they meant nothing her at all. Her strength in terms of magic was also weak beyond compare.

On her 10th birthday, her parents decided to send her to a well-known city to mold her into a normal person and strengthen her magic even a little at least.

Their decision was a right one as she showed massive improvements in terms of personality and she was finally able to feel the basic emotions of a human. She can now laugh, cry, and sometimes be annoyed. Her parents were overjoyed.

After that, on the girl's 2nd year on the same place, she suddenly lost all contacts of her parents. She returned home and found out it was desolate. She asked for news about them but she couldn't find any clues even after her two years of searching.

"They left me. I'm on my own now" she whispered in a daze while dragging her feet back to the city with a poignant expression.

--------