Chapter 9 (Former: 25, 26, and 27)

FORMER CHAPTER 25

A ferocious glint was quite apparent in a dark corridor whom was lit by the moon's solemn light. The calm series of footsteps were resounding on the floor's unseen cleanliness and there came a silhouette of a picturestic figure of a young male.

The moolight couldn't outshine the light in his eyes as the fires of determination were raging on it.

Even though his bearing was calm, his mind wasn't since numerous calculations were currently undergoing on his head.

"Knowing the queen's way of handling things, I should act tonight." He thought and couldn't help but let out an inner sigh.

He never-EVER defied a command from his mother or perhaps the queen before, but now, he must. He couldn't afford to dilly dally because of his circumstances.

Letting the wind as the witness, he slowly blend into the darkness without anyone noticing.

...

Clouds were dancing and basking in the joy of the sun back in the Kingdom of Shauna. Beneath these jolly things were medieval buildings and if you search close enough, you can spot an old shack.

Inside this territory was a dumbfounded duo.

After Hailey was fed of the real history by Piolo, she tried to tell him what happened in the future but after she spoken a sentence of the information, everything went black for a moment until the area went back to normal.

It wasn't all normal for Hailey since she found Piolo asking the same question with the same pose as before she had spoken the information. Hailey questioned him about the sudden blackout but he was oblivious of what happened. She tried speaking of the information about the future again and was met with a another sudden blackout and deja vu.

"So tell me about the future"

"When we discovered Ireme,  there wasn't a single human existence found there. After that-----"

*BLACKOUT*

"So tell me about the future"

"When we discovered....."

*BLACKOUT*

"So tell me about the future"

"When we..."

*BLACKOUT*

"So tell me about the future"

*silence*

"When...you know what? Forget it. Forget it! Its useless! I give up!" She motioned her hands in an exasperating way.

"What do you mean its useless?" Her interlocutor was confused about Hailey's sudden change in behavior.

Wasn't she quite eager after I ended the information about our history? What in the world was wrong in my question that caused her 180° change?!

The young woman, as if knowing Piolo's thoughts, gave a long sigh and began to explain the happenings. Of course, after a few rounds of persuasion, her fat master finally believed her.

"Let's just forget it then" He replied before he went back on track about the testing of Hailey's enhanced fork "Rememeber, when we get to that hall, you mustn't reveal anyone about us being potency enhancers or there's gonna be a whole lot of trouble" Piolo warned Hailey as if she was gonna shout out their identities to the whole world.

"Why?"

A complacent smile appeared on Hailey's master's fat face.

Because we're revered existences of course! He thought with pride