Chapter 3 (Former: 5,6,7, and 8)

FORMER CHAPTER 5

Hailey followed behind the shopkeeper before he could open the desk. The old man's face was solemn when he pulled the drawer.

"Huh?" Hailey let out a puzzled exclamation when she saw nothing inside. She placed her bewildered gaze back to the shopkeeper.

Just when Hailey was about to ask, the old man suddenly performed several mysterious gestures and silent incantations. His palms first let out a soft glow until it became a blinding light that made Hailey's eyes reflexively snap close on its own.

Hailey couldn't see the old man's expression turned grim and his mouth treckled with blood. After the blinding light came to an end, he immediately erased the traces of his blood.

Hailey eyes slowly opened and revealed the area around her. She stared at the old man whom was fixedly staring back at her as if his gaze was implying to look and take what was in the drawer. Hailey understood and did what was expected.

It was a glass key about 3 inches long. It had mystical desings etched on it. It was the old kind of key that dated back in the histories of ancient Earth. It had a mysterious aura shrouding it.

"Should I take it?" Hailey asked while pointing at the object. The old man nodded without even looking at the key. The shopkeeper refused to even give the object just a brief glance. It was as if there was a deep secret holding him back.

Hailey couldn't help but think that there was too many confusing scenes that shocked her one time after the other today without giving her a single breath. Hailey felt weirdly proud for withstanding such literally mind-breaking events without loosing her grip at all.

Hailey debated internally about what would be the best course of action. Does the old man hides malicious intentions or just good will?

The old man was slowly in the midst of recovering which was the very reason for his silence. Howerver Hailey didn't know this and just thought of him acting weird.

Hailey held herself back and stared at the old man. She was waiting for him to go and say something. Although the chances were low, she was afraid that she misunderstood.

After a few minutes, when the old man's internal injuries have already recovered significantly, he spoke.

"Little Hailey, take what is inside without telling or showing it to me or anyone. I will explain to you why after you take it away by dripping your blood on it" Hailey doubts were scratched away when he saw the shopkeeper's solemn yet kind expression. She did as she was told and bit her point finger. She dropped the small amount of blood to the key which induced a soft glow. Before she could bat an eye, the key was floating right in front of her. It merged onto her forehead which gave Hailey massive pain.

"Endure" The shopkeeper advised and helped Hailey sit down with crossed legs.

Hailey could sense that this pain doesn't contain any evil intentions but instead benefits if she prevails.

FORMER CHAPTER 6

Massive waves of excrutiating pain bombarded Hailey as she closed her eyes. Her body couldn't move an inch yet her mind was struggling to break free. The pain felt as if Hailey's body was shedding into pieces.

Hailey's expression was filled with struggle. She gritted her teeth and followed the owner's instructions to endure.

The old man studied Hailey's responses to the pain. There was a gleam in his eyes that wasn't present from the beginning.